Feed a crowd with this easy ice cream dessert.
We’re crazy for ice cream at our house, it’s definitely our dessert of choice. Here’s a great recipe for a fancy way to serve up your favorite ice cream. It’s a crispy pecan ice cream pie crust made with crisp rice cereal, pecans butter and brown sugar. You might be tempted to eat it like a cookie, it’s so good! This recipe is great for pot-lucks, when you need to bring dessert to feed a crowd. Just cut them into squares to serve a group. If you love ice cream, pecans and rice krispies, you will love this easy Crispy Pecan ice cream pie crust.
What you need to make Crispy Pecan Ice Cream Pie Crust:
- rice krispies
- brown sugar
- melted butter
- chopped pecans
How to make Crispy Pecan Ice Cream Pie Crust:
- Mix ingredients: Combine all ingredients together.
- Add to baking dish: Press into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake: Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cool: Let it cool.
- Top: Top with softened vanilla ice cream
- Freeze: Cover with foil and place back into the freezer, for a few hours.
- Cut and serve: Cut into squares to serve and drizzle with caramel, chocolate or butterscotch sauce.
How to store Crispy Pecan Ice Cream Pie Crust:
Store your baked pie crust covered at room temperature until you are ready to serve. Once you add your ice cream, keep it stored in the freezer. It will last around 3 days but tastes the best within one day of making.
Ice cream for Crispy Pecan Pie Crust:
We think that vanilla ice cream is always great with this pie crust, but you can choose any ice cream flavor you love. Top your ice cream with caramel sauce or hot fudge.
Serving Ice Cream Pie Crust Dessert:
Once cooled spread a whole container of softened ice cream on top of all of it and freeze it together covered with foil. Freeze for 2+ hours before serving. When ready to serve, just cut into squares and drizzle with caramel syrup, or you can make fancy individual servings (like for a dinner party), by using a circle cutter. You could also always use it as an ice cream topping. Just break it up into small pieces and sprinkle over the top.
There are a few different ways to change up this recipe for added flavor:
- Toast the pecans before adding to the mixture.
- Toast the coconut before adding.
- Stir in some vanilla extract, about 1-2 teaspoons would add additional flavor.
Crispy Pecan Ice Cream Pie Crust
A crispy pie crust ice cream dessert made with Rice Krispie cereal and chopped pecans.
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter one stick of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut
Combine all ingredients together.
Press into a 9x13 baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Let it cool.
Top with softened vanilla ice cream
Cover with foil and place back into the freezer, for a few hours.
Cut into squares to serve and drizzle with caramel, chocolate or butterscotch sauce.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
MORE treats made with cereal:
- Easy No Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- All the Secrets for the Best Rice Krispie Treats
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Fried Ice Cream
- No Bake Crispy Peanut Butter Eggs
- Easter Rice Krispie Treats…on a stick!
- Christmas Rice Krispie Treat pops
- Christmas Cornflake Wreath Cookies
- S’mores Muddy Buddies
- St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies
MORE ice cream treats we LOVE:
- Homemade Choco Tacos
- Piggy Ice Cream Cones
- Frozen Raspberry Dessert
- Raspberry Nice Cream
- Banana Nice Cream
- Heart Shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Giant Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Ice Cream Parlor Party
- Fried Ice Cream
- Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
- Root Beer Floats
- Kiwi Sorbet
- Sparkling Raspberry Sherbet Party Punch
That’s it! It’s so good! I hope you love it as much as we do!