Easy no bake peanut butter balls are the ticket to a sweet no bake treat the whole family will love. We’re big fans of everything peanut butter and chocolate around here, and this version has rice krispies in them, which we love for the crispy texture they add. That peanut butter and chocolate combination is a match made in sweet tooth heaven, we’re all about the easiest way to satisfy that craving!
Here’s the ingredient line up. You can use milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips in this recipe. We have tried both, and prefer to use milk chocolate chips.
Here’s a bit of the step by step. You can use an ice cream scoop to get uniform sized balls or just your hands to make perfectly round balls. We used a wooden skewer to dip them into the melted chocolate to keep our hands clean. You could also try lining up all the peanut butter balls on a cooling rack and pouring the chocolate over the top…definitely a lot more clean up, but it’s like a chocolate dream!
- 1 cup creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1½ cup crushed crisped rice cereal( measure out then crush)
- 1½ cup chocolate chips (milk or semisweet)
- Mix peanut butter and melted butter together in a large bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and rice krispies.
- Mix until combined. Form the mixture into one inch balls.
- Place the formed balls on a wax paper lined baking tray and chill in the refrigerator
- for at least 30 minutes before dipping into the melted chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place a toothpick or wooden skewer in each peanut butter ball and dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate and roll around until completely covered.
- Place the chocolate covered ball on a separate cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Remove the toothpicks from each peanut butter ball.
- Place the balls back in the freezer to let the chocolate set. It should take an hour or two.
- These are best stored in the freezer. If you store them in the fridge, they will be slightly soft.
They’re so addicting!
Looking for more sweet treat ideas:
We love to make a big batch of this freezer fudge and package it up in little tins to give as gifts.
Our chocolate marshmallow cookies are always a big hit!