Rice Krispie Treats…perfect every time!
Have you ever made something as simple as rice krispie treats and after you make them you’re wondering why they didn’t turn out right? I definitely have! That’s why I’m sharing the best tips to get rice krispie treats right every time! When my husband Kyle’s best buddy Derek told me that he’s the master of the rice krispie treats, I had to know his secrets. A few weekends ago, they had us over and Derek shared all his tips to get the best Rice Krispie treats every time, and I’m excited to share all his awesome tips with you!
Sure the recipe is right on the box and you’ve made it a bunch of times, but it’s what they don’t tell you in the recipe that can make all the difference.
BEST EVER RICE KRISPIE TREAT tips:
1. Don’t measure. Keep your measuring cups clean and just dump it right in.
2. The consistency of the marshmallows is key…they need to still be lumpy when the cereal goes into the pot.
3. Use way more marshmallows than rice krispies.
4. Butter the dish before dumping the warm treats in.
5. Butter your (clean) fingers to pat the warm treats down into the pan.
6. Butter the knife for a clean cut every time.
7. Cut the treats while they’re still warm.
The best Rice Krispie Treats every time
All the tips and tricks to make Rice Krispie treats perfect every time!
- 1/2 stick of butter 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 box Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
Butter the dish.
Melt the 1/2 stick of butter in a big pot on your stovetop.
Add in the mini marshmallows and continue stirring as they start to melt.
The consistency of the marshmallows should still be lumpy when the cereal goes into the pot.
Dump in the cereal (don't measure), continue stirring until well mixed together.
Transfer the treats to your buttered dish.
Butter your (clean) fingers to pat the warm treats down into the pan. Or use a piece of parchment between the treats and your hands to gently press the treats into the pan.
Butter your knife to cut the treats into squares.
Cut the treats while they're still warm.
Wrap them in plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Don’t you just want to go make a big batch of warm Rice Krispie Treats now?? – I know I do.
Here’s to the best Rice Krispie Treats every time from here on out! (Thank You Derek!)
If you love rice krispie treats, then you will love: SCOTCHEROOS!