Valentine’s Day Dinner Ideas
With Valentine’s Day coming up so quick, I’m planning out all the Valentine’s day food and especially the Valentine’s Day desserts and treats. It’s so fun to spoil your family and friends with some edible love. From savory to sweet, there are so many delicious ways to show your love. Here’s some of our favorites!
Heart Shaped Food for Valentine’s Day:
- Heart shaped food is so fun for Valentine’s Day. Here are a few savory ideas we love:
- Heart Shaped Cheese Ravioli: You can make the homemade pasta to make these, or wonton wrappers make a really easy short cut!
- Chicken Noodle Soup with heart shaped carrots: Chicken Noodle Soup is always nice this time of year, and little heart shaped carrots are a cute nod to Valentine’s Day.
- Heart Shaped Beets: If you plan a fancy dinner for Valentine’s Day, pickled beets cut into the shape of hearts on a simple salad is cute addition to the dinner.
- Heart Shaped Bacon: Start the day with a special breakfast with everything shaped into a heart…like BACON!
Italian Food Recipes for Valentine’s Day Dinner:
If you plan to have a family friendly Valentine’s day dinner with the kids, Italian Food is always a hit with the younger crowd here are some of our favorite Italian recipes:
- Loaded Italian Salad
- Zuppa Toscana
- Baked Ziti
- Pasta Carbonara
- Spaghetti with Myzithra Cheese
- Parmesan Breadsticks
Ways to make Valentine’s Day Dinner Special:
It doesn’t take that much effort to make things a little extra special or a little extra romantic for Valentine’s Day Dinner. Things like candle light, champagne glasses, sparkling apple cider, a simple table cloth, place mats, place tags with a small box filled with a sweet treat for each person at the table are all great ideas to set the mood.
Valentine’s Day Desserts:
Special Desserts for Valentine’s Day are a must! Here are a few we love:
- The Best chocolate chip skillet cookie: These cookies are made with vanilla pudding so they are extra soft, the best part of these kinds of cookies is that you can under cook them…the warm cookie with the vanilla ice cream is the best combo.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies:
Made with a cake mix, these brownies are so easy and delicious.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries: Using your slow cooker (crock pot) with a slow cooker liner makes it so easy to melt and dip a bunch of strawberries.
- Heart Shaped Meringues: With fresh whipped cream and lemon curd, this is a sweet crunchy special dessert.
More desserts we love for Valentine’s Day:
- crepes: fill them with whipped cream and top them with fresh berries and chocolate syrup
- buttermilk chocolate cake – the moist and the most delicious chocolate cake
- Russian Cream – think The Ultimate Berries and Cream dessert
- Chocolate Lava Cakes: the gooey chocolate center gets me every time!
- Chocolate Raspberry Angel Food Cake Roll feed a crowd with this beautiful cake roll
- Italian Meringue Buttercream Frosting seriously the most melt in your mouth frosting ever!
Frozen Treats and Festive Drinks for Valentine’s Day:
Frozen Treats and drinks are always fun…they are the extras to finish it off right…here’s a few of our go tos:
- Raspberry Sherbet Party Punch: The perfect Valentine’s Day party punch.
- Heart Shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches: We made these with brownies and strawberry ice cream, but you can really get creative here.
- Dancing Cranberry Hearts: Watch tiny craisins (dried cranberries) dance in sparkling apple cider or champagne.
- Frozen Raspberry Pineapple Dessert: This dessert is a must in Summertime, but because it’s pink and fun for feeding a crowd for a Valentine’s Day party.
Valentine’s Day Treats to make and share:
When it comes to sweet treats to share with family, friends and neighbors, we love cookies, cookie bars, dipped pretzels and the cutest little chocolate nugget mail boxes. Baking and decorating cookies for Valentine’s Day is always a fun activity to do with the kids, and delivering them is fun too.
- Chocolate Nugget Mailboxes: If you are into paper crafts, this is such a cute way to give chocolate to friends for Valentine’s Day. Two Hershey’s chocolate nuggets stacked together and wrapped in paper to look like a tiny mail box.
- Sugar Cookie Bars with pink frosting: We took our favorite sugar cookie recipe and made them into bars. Bars are great for feeding a crowd, because you can cut them smaller if you need to feed a group.
- Pressed Sugar Cookies (Swig Style): This is our favorite sugar cookie recipe! The pink frosting is made with sour cream…it’s tangy and sweet.
- Dipped Pretzels with micro heart sprinkles: We love to make a big batch of these pretzels so you can wrap them up cute to share with many.
I’d love to hear…what’s your favorite traditions for Valentine’s Day dinner?