Black Hole Valentine’s Day Box
Valentine’s Day is coming up quick with my favorite tradition of the Valentine exchange in Elementary classrooms. Whether your kids will be doing in class learning or you just want to get your craft on at home, this is a fun one to make. Last year my son made this easy Black Hole Valentine’s Day Box, and I think it’s too funny and cute not to share here. If you are looking for a last minute idea for a Valentine Box, this one is easy to make the night before.
What is a Black Hole in Space?
A black hole is where gravity has become so strong that nothing around it can escape, not even light. The mass of a black hole is so dense that the force of gravity is too strong for even light to escape. Black holes are invisible.
Black Hole Box for Valentine’s Day:
One might think the Black Hole Valentine Box is like the total “un-Valentine” or anti-Valentine box. The idea for a Black Hole box for Valentine’s Day works for a few different reasons.
- It’s like a funny pun that Love is like a black hole where it just pulls you in and no one can escape it.
- This box is not too frilly and it’s pretty neutral for both boys and girls who would want to take it to school.
- Space Lovers who are into all things stars and astronomy will love the black hole Valentine’s Day box.
- If you are totally not into Valentine’s Day, but still want to participate, this box is for you!
What you need for the Black Hole Box:
- a black shoe box
- paint brushes
- white and blue acrylic (water-based) paints
How to make the Black Hole Valentine’s Day box:
- To make this easy Valentine Box, simply cut out a hole in the top of the box to make it possible to easily drop Valentines into the box.
- With your paint brush add small splatters of paint to the top of the box around the opening that you created. You can also add smears of paint in a circular motion around the opening that you cut. See the photos for ideas.
- Allow the paint to dry.
So easy! This was my son’s last year to take a Valentine Box to school (sad), these year go by so quickly. We hope you have a fun Valentine’s Day celebrating with those you love.