Different and Delicious recipes to use up leftover turkey.
Put those delicious Thanksgiving Turkey Leftovers to good use! If you’re looking for great ideas on how to use your delicious leftover turkey the hunt is over. We’ve gathered up the best leftover turkey recipes around. Forget the traditional turkey and stuffing casserole for all the leftover turkey and try a few of these awesome recipes.
*Update: We’ve added to this list: 25+ More Leftover Turkey Recipes
How long will cooked turkey keep in the fridge?
Cooked turkey keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and it will last in the freezer for 3-4 months. If you have too much leftovers, freezing it is a great option if you don’t think you will consume it before it goes bad.
How to store your turkey leftovers?
An airtight container with a lid is a great way to keep the leftover turkey in the fridge. Whether you choose to slice it, shred it or cut it up into bitesized chunks is up to you. We’ve found that it freezes best cut into smaller pieces because the thaw time is quicker than a bigger piece of turkey.
The Best way to warm up leftover Turkey:
Depending on what recipe you choose to add the leftover turkey too, it will warm up with the dish you choose, unless it’s you need it cold for a salad. If you want to warm it up on it’s own, you can add it to a skillet with a tablespoon or two of water and place the lid over the pan, turn the heat up to medium high heat and the turkey will warm up from the steam of the water. You can also add a little butter to the pan and sauté the turkey in the pan.
Different Ways to use up leftover turkey:
- pot pie
- …and so much more
When it comes to leftover turkey we are all looking for different things, from quick and easy to healthy to hearty. There’s something for everyone on this list. Here are some recipes to use up leftover turkey that we love:
1. Turkey Gyros | NoBiggie
2. Turkey Tetrazzini recipe | She Wears Many Hats
3.Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie | NoBiggie.net (use turkey in the place of chicken for this recipe)
4. Turkey Pot Pie Soup | Handle the Heat
5. Leftover Thanksgiving turkey Pizza | Baked By Rachel
6. Apple cranberry turkey salad | Inside BruCrew Life
7. Turkey Enchiladas | Creme de la Crumb
8. Turkey cranberry strudel with maple roasted butternut squash | Recipe Girl
9. Turkey corn chowder | Six Sister’ Stuff
10. Turkey Barley Soup (Slow Cooker) | The Food Charlatan
11. Bruschetta “Turkey” Bake – swap cooked turkey for chicken
12. “Turkey” Broccoli Casserole – swap cooked turkey for chicken
13. One-pot cheesy turkey tamale pie | Half Baked Harvest
14. One pot pasta Turkey Alfredo Ziti | The Gunny Sack
15. One Pot Creamy “Turkey” Noodle Soup – swap turkey for chicken
16. Turkey Santa Fe Lettuce Wraps | Skinny Taste
17. Leftover thanksgiving turkey pesto panini | Damn Delicious
18. Hot Turkey Slow Cooker Sandwiches | Recipes that Crock
19. Easy Leftover Turkey Stroganoff | Rock Recipes
20. Crockpot Turkey Chili Recipe | Passion for Savings
21. Green Chile “Turkey” Quesadillas – swap turkey for chicken
22. Turkey pesto roll-ups | Pillsbury
23. Make-ahead turkey potpie recipe | Taste of Home
24. Thai-style turkey lettuce wraps | Jennie-O
25. the ultimate thanksgiving leftover grilled cheese | ring finger tan line
26. White Bean “Turkey” Chili – swap turkey for chicken
What do you like to make with your leftover Thanksgiving Turkey?