We are big fans of a one pot meal the whole family will love, and this one pot creamy chicken noodle soup is just that. Sometimes soup and salad makes a great dinner, and definitely a yummy lunch the next day…that’s hoping you have any leftovers. We have shared a few chicken noodle recipes here on NoBiggie, from heart shaped carrots to classic homemade chicken noodle, but I think you are going to love this creamy version with bowtie pasta and diced red potatoes. My family sure loves it.
Here’s the ingredient line up. I love seeing all the ingredients in one pan like this. It’s so helpful to prep like this for any recipe.
We made a quick video so you can see how quick it is to make for dinner.
- cooked shredded chicken, breast meat only (from a rotisserie chicken)
- bow tie pasta, 1 box
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 8 red potatoes, diced
- 3-4 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In large stock pot on medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the carrots, onion, celery and potatoes, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and mix until everything is well coated.
- Add the cream cheese and chicken soup base.
- Add the evaporated milk.
- Stir until the cream cheese and chicken soup base are dissolved.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add the bow tie pasta.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken. Add the pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add in the chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.
Here’s the thing about this recipe, you can really thin it out by adding more chicken stock, so if you think it’s too creamy you can modify it to your preference. Serve it with a big loaf of crusty bread, and dinner is served!