Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a weeknight favorite, loaded with lots of steamed broccoli, chicken and a creamy sauce all served on a bed of rice.
We recently made a quick recipe video so you can see how easy this is to whip up. You’ll have to add it to your weekly meal plan, your family will love it! If a casserole can get my kids to eat broccoli, then I’m a fan! Here’s a quick look at the casserole right before going into the oven.
What you’ll need to make Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
- cream of chicken soup
- lemon juice
- curry powder
- chicken breasts
- colby jack or cheddar cheese
How to make Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut, wash and steam the broccoli florets.
- Whisk together the cream of chicken, mayo, milk, lemon juice and curry powder together until well blended.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken to the cream of chicken mixture. Stir until the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
- In a 9×13 glass baking dish, spread out a layer of the steamed broccoli florets.
- Spread the cream of chicken sauce mixture over the top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes
- Serve over steamed rice. Enjoy!
How to store Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
If you have leftovers, you can store extras in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Making Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
I wish I could say that I follow this recipe exactly, but I’ve been making it for so many years, that things have changed here and there. We love LOTS of broccoli, I like to add lots of broccoli florets, from 2 heads of broccoli up to 4 if I feel like it, The broccoli is great leftover if I have extra. Lots of lemon juice and curry powder and less chicken. Feel free to mix things up to how your family will like it.
Here are some variations to this delicious recipe:
- swap out the rice for noodles!
- add crushed ritz crackers with melted butter to the top of your casserole and bake until golden.
- top with those crispy fried onions that you’d add to the green bean casserole.
- add more vegetables like mushrooms or cauliflower!
Can you freeze chicken broccoli casserole?
I guess you can freeze it, but I have this thing with frozen broccoli, I feel like broccoli does not freeze that well. The texture really changes, So I would not freeze it.
This is a great casserole to make a head and double to have one for your family for dinner and take one to a family or friend in need. When you make it ahead, make to the point right before baking in the oven and then cover with foil. It will keep in the fridge for one day before baking. It’s helpful to write on the top of the foil the oven temp and baking time needed. So for this one: Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes.
What to serve with Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
This casserole is a well-balanced meal on it’s own but here are some things to pair with it:
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Chicken Broccoli Casserole is loaded with steamed broccoli, shredded chicken and covered in a creamy sauce all served over a bed of steamed rice.
- 1 10 1/2oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk add a little extra to make the sauce more thinned out if desired
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts cooked & shredded (or use shredded rotisserie chicken- this is what we use)
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into bite size florets
- 1 1/2 cups colby jack or cheddar cheese grated
Serve it over:
- 2 cups rice steamed
Preheat oven to 350.
Cut, wash and steam the broccoli florets.
Whisk together the cream of chicken, mayo, milk, lemon juice and curry powder together until well blended.
Add the cooked shredded chicken to the cream of chicken mixture. Stir until the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
In a 9x13 glass baking dish, spread out a layer of the steamed broccoli florets.
Spread the cream of chicken sauce mixture over the top of the broccoli.
Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes
Serve over steamed rice. Enjoy!
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
More delicious chicken recipes you’ll LOVE:
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Marinade
- Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
- Buttermilk Chicken
- Chicken and Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- Greek Chicken and Rice Soup
That’s it! Make this casserole for your family and let me know what you think!