I’m sure you’ve noticed, but the time has come for all things pumpkin spice. I know I’ve mentioned on here before – a few times actually, that I’m a HUGE fan of pumpkin spice everything (well, within reason…of course). Some of my favorite recipes featuring the amazing fall duo have already been shared with you before – hello, pumpkin bread with spiced cream cheese swirl – and I’m sure there will be many more to come.
One thing almost all of these pumpkin spice recipes have in common is their ease. Most of them start with a boxed cake mix that you probably already have on hand in your pantry. Just throw in a few more pantry staple ingredients and you’ve got yourself a delicious, and gorgeous, treat to share with family and friends.
One ingredient you may not have suspected is the pudding mix. Trust me, it will make the cake so moist and delicious. You definitely don’t want to skip that one.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 (18.5oz. ) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4oz. ) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15oz.) can of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 oz. semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and prepare the bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool on a rack or a plate.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Another awesome thing about bundt cakes is the variety of pans you can use. Have you seen how many there are? I’ve seen some that look like a haunted castle or a wreath of fall leaves. Choosing a pan specific to your event would be so fun! I just had the best idea for Halloween! It would be so perfect to use a spooky looking pan with a cool glaze icing dripping off the top like blood or slime. Now my idea wheels are really turning!
On the search for more amazing pumpkin recipes? Make sure you don’t miss these from our archives:
–Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
–Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
–Sparkling Pumpkin Spice Punch
–Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles
–Pumpkin Bread with a spiced cream cheese swirl
–the best roasted pumpkin seeds
–the CUTEST Pumpkin Pie Printable