Pumpkin Bread with a swirl of spiced cream cheese
Are you looking for a new twist on your favorite pumpkin bread recipe? I have a wonderful fresh take on the old classic. It’s our family’s new favorite pumpkin recipe. The thick delicious layer of creamy pumpkin spiced cream cheese is like a match made in heaven with the pumpkin flavor you know and love. Next time you get ready to make your traditional pumpkin bread, give it an upgrade to what will be your family’s new favorite pumpkin bread recipe, cream cheese swirl and all. I’m so excited for you to try it!
This recipe looks like a lot of work but really it’s super easy! Just take it a step at a time and you will have a delicious loaf of pumpkin bread with a cute little spiced cream cheese swirl. The best part is cutting into it to reveal the inside layers…scratch that…the best part is eating it. (oink!)
What Are The Ingredients In Pumpkin Bread With Spiced Cream Cheese Swirl?
For the bread:
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Nutmeg
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
For the spiced cream cheese swirl layer:
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How To Make Pumpkin Bread With Cream Cheese Filling
For the pumpkin bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep your 9×5 inch loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray and dusting it with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients. Stir until well mixed. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt using the folding technique with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix! Set the bread mixture aside.
For the cream cheese swirl:
- Mix all 5 ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Pour 1/2 to 2/3 of the bread mixture into your prepared loaf pan. Carefully spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the bread layer. Spread gently until smooth. Last, add the remaining bread mixture on top. Gently smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 55 minutes.
- Out of the oven, let your bread cool in the pan for 10 – 15 minutes after baking. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
How Do You Know When Pumpkin Bread Is Done?
Pumpkin bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
What Can You Add To Pumpkin Bread?
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
Do You Have To Refrigerate Desserts With Cream Cheese?
For items with a large amount of cream cheese, it’s best to refrigerate after baking.
Pumpkin Bread with Spiced Cream Cheese Swirl
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree about a 15oz can
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Spiced Cream Cheese Swirl Layer
- 6oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prep your 9x5 inch loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray and dusting it with flour.
In a large bowl mix together the first 9 ingredients (everything through the nutmeg). Stir until well-mixed. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt using the folding technique with a spatula just until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX. Set bread mixture aside.
Cream Cheese Swirl:
For the cream cheese swirl mix all 5 ingredients in a large bowl until combine.
Pour 1/2 to 2/3 of the bread mixture in the prepared loaf pan. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture on top of bread layer. Spread gently until smooth. Last, add the remaining bread mixture on top. Gently smooth.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting in the center.
Out of the oven, let your bread cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes after baking. Cool completely before cutting.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
I hope you enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please let me know!
-Using the star icons below: RATE and COMMENT… I would love to hear your experience. Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe with your comment.
-If you take a photo… tag me on instagram @nobiggie with the hashtag: #nobiggierecipes. I’d love to share!
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes? Try these options!
- Easy Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Sparkling Pumpkin Spice Punch
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?