Homemade Fried Ice Cream | NoBiggie.net | So technically it’s not fried, but it’s the best at home version without the fryer. You’ll love it!
I’m such a sucker for fried ice cream. It’s so good! I always have to order it at my favorite ‘dive-y’ Mexican spot. It’s so simple and inexpensive to make that I had to try to master it at home.
Here’s the recipe:
- vanilla ice cream (your favorite)
- cinnamon (could be a cinnamon sugar mix)
- cornflakes (a big box)
- coconut (optional)
- caramel syrup
- chocolate syrup
- whipped cream (in a can)
- Also needed:
- plastic wrap
- clear plastic gloves (it gets messy!)
- a plastic bowl (to store the frozen balls of ice cream)
- To make fried ice cream put your clear plastic gloves on, scoop out a big ball of vanilla ice cream roll it around in cinnamon then wrap it up in plastic wrap and store it in a big plastic bowl until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve drizzle a little caramel syrup on the ice cream ball and then roll the ball in the cornflake/coconut/cinnamon mixture.
- Serve with more caramel syrup, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
Ooooh it’s so good!
*My first attempt at this didn’t go that great, and the problem was that I froze the ice cream balls with the cornflake mixture on it. The cornflakes can lose their crunchy texture in the freezer…And that’s the best part!