Warm, creamy and full of tender artichokes and spinach, this classic dip is always a hit!
It’s hard to resist this classic creamy, cheesy dip. We use canned artichoke hearts and frozen spinach so this dip comes together quickly. Using both mozzarella and parmesan cheese make this dip extra cheesy. Just like our Hot Chipped Beef dip you bake it until warm and bubbly. Everyone will be coming back for more of this delicious dip.
What you will need for Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, well softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated fine
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (14oz. can) quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 6oz. frozen spinach, thawed and chopped (squeeze and drain any excess liquid)
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small (1 quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and pepper.
- Add in the chopped artichokes and drained chopped spinach.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 F until warmed through and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with pita chips, sturdy crackers or a sliced and toasted baguette.
Fresh or frozen spinach?
We like frozen spinach for this recipe as it is pre-chopped, blanched and frozen at the peak of freshness. Just make sure to thaw it and drain the liquid out of it by letting it sit in a colander until most of the liquid is gone. Fresh spinach has a slightly stronger flavor but works great in this recipe too. To use fresh spinach, you will need a big bunch of fresh spinach, because after it is steamed, it shrinks quite a bit. After steaming, move it to ice water to stop it from continuing to cook. Use a cheese cloth to squeeze out all liquid, and make sure to chop it really fine before adding it to the cheese mixture.
You can make this savory dip one day before serving. Mix it together then store it in the fridge until ready to bake the next day. When ready to bake, allow it to come to room temp while the oven is warming up.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip is a favorite that uses canned artichokes and frozen spinach so you can make it quickly, then watch it disappear.
- 8 ounces cream cheese well softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- pepper to taste
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 6 ounce package frozen spinach thawed and drained and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small (1 quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and pepper.
Add in the chopped artichokes and drained chopped spinach.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 F until warmed through and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Serve warm with pita chips, sturdy crackers or a sliced and toasted baguette.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
- Add a little of your favorite hot sauce for added spice.
- Make it lighter by using light cream cheese, light mayo and light sour cream, although we have yet to try this, and we are not sure the flavors will be as good.
- Try it on the stove top: you can warm up this dip in a large skillet on your stove top. You will need to continually stir it to keep it from burning, and you could pop it under the broiler to brown the top.
- Try using marinated artichoke hearts for a tangy flavor. Find them in a jar by the canned artichoke hearts.
How to warm up leftovers:
If you are lucky to have any of this dip leftover, we like to microwave small portions for 30 seconds to a minute. Make sure to stir it after warming.
More Savory Dips we love:
If you try Spinach Artichoke Dip, let us know. Leave us a comment and a star rating, we love to hear from you!