Sometimes you just need a go to appetizer that comes together in a spicy hot minute. Something warm and packed full of flavor…perfect to serve on a lazy Saturday hanging around watching the big game with friends. We’ve shared a few of our favorite dip recipes over the years, like the shrimp cocktail dip or the old fashioned Hot Chipped Beef Dip, but today we’re sharing my new favorite: Hot corn dip. It’s so delicious! Not only is it hot as in hot from the oven, it’s also got a little kick to it with some heat added from chipotle peppers. The mix of sweet from the corn and the spicy kick from the peppers is so good! We made a video so you can see how easy it is to throw together!
When fresh corn on the cob is in season, we LOVE to use fresh corn, but it works great with frozen corn too.
Watch our video to see how it comes together!
Quick Note about chipotle peppers. We love the spicy smokey flavor the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce adds this recipe. When you buy the small can of chipotle peppers, you will end up only using a small amount for this recipe with a lot left over. Here’s a tip: prep it all, wear disposable gloves when removing any skin from the peppers and dicing it fine. Then freeze the rest of what you don’t use for this recipe. It’s nice to have the peppers on hand for the next time you make it.
Print the recipe here:
- 1½ cup frozen corn OR 3-4 fresh corn on the cob, boiled and cut off into chunks
- 3 cups grated cheese (cheddar, montery jack, or mexican blend)
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced and skins removed
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small fresh tomato
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion, diced fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together: mayo, chipotle peppers, garlic powder.
- Add the corn, green chiles, and grated cheese until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Top with the tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
This is one you’ll want to pin! It’s a keeper and I know you’re going to love it!
Do you have a go to party dip? Is it hot or cold. I’d love to hear! I’m all about a good dip! 😉