Hot Corn Dip is our go to appetizer when we host friends and family. It’s the best!
Sometimes you just need an appetizer that comes together in a spicy hot minute. Something warm and packed full of flavor…perfect to serve on a lazy Saturday hanging around watching the big game with friends. We’ve shared a few of our favorite dip recipes over the years, like the shrimp cocktail dip or the old fashioned Hot Chipped Beef Dip, but today we’re sharing my new favorite: Hot corn dip. It’s so delicious! Not only is it hot as in hot from the oven, it’s also got a little kick to it with some heat added from chipotle peppers. The mix of sweet from the corn and the spicy kick from the peppers is so good! We made a video so you can see how easy it is to throw together!
Hot Corn Dip with Frozen Corn
When fresh corn on the cob is in season, we LOVE to use fresh corn, but this recipe works great with frozen corn too.
Hot corn dip with chipotle peppers / Hot corn dip with adobo sauce
Quick Note about chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. We love the spicy smokey flavor the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce adds this recipe. When you buy the small can of chipotle peppers, you will end up only using a small amount for this recipe with a lot left over.
Here’s a tip: prep it all, wear disposable gloves when removing any skin from the peppers and dicing it fine. Then freeze the rest of what you don’t use for this recipe. It’s nice to have the peppers chopped and ready on hand in the freezer for the next time you make this dip.
How to make hot corn dip
- To start I like to pre prep all the ingredients, chopped ready to go!
- In a large bowl add the chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with the garlic powder and mayo and stir these together to make a spicy mayo mixture that will coat all the other ingredients
- Add in the frozen or fresh corn, chopped green chiles and the grated cheese.
- Mix all these ingredients together and bake for 20 minutes.
- See the recipe card for the full recipe
Hot Corn Dip
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn OR 3-4 fresh corn on the cob boiled and cut off into chunks
- 3 cups grated cheese cheddar, montery jack, or mexican blend
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced and skins removed
- 1 can diced green chiles drained
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small fresh tomato
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion diced fine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl mix together: mayo, chipotle peppers, garlic powder.
Add the corn, green chiles, and grated cheese until well combined.
Pour mixture into an oven safe baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Top with the tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
This is one you’ll want to pin! It’s a keeper and I know you’re going to love it!
Do you have a go to party dip? Is it served hot or cold. I’d love to hear! I’m all about a good party dip!