We are all about the Christmas magic at our house, and these Christmas Cookies for Santa are just what the big guy wants!
Christmas M&M Cookies
We are taking our favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and making it fun for Christmas, swapping chocolate chips for red and green mini M&Ms. Have you seen the bag of ONLY red and green mini M&Ms for baking? They are the best for Christmas…no more sifting out the colors you need! I love the mini M&Ms, they make the perfect chocolate to cookie ratio.
Cookies for Santa
This cookie dough would make a fun neighbor gift! You could add a little note to say bake them up for Santa on Christmas Eve! But before you go makin’ them for your neighbors, you’ve got to make them for your house FIRST…and for Santa of course!
How to make M&M Christmas Cookies for Santa
- Here’s the trick with this cookie recipe…after you use a cookie scoop to make uniform cookie dough balls, take the back of a spoon and gently press down in the center of each one. Because we are going to under bake these a bit, this helps them bake more evenly.
- Once you press down on each one, we add a few more mini M&Ms to the top of each one.
- Just out of the oven, let them cool on the hot cookie sheet. They will continue to cook a little more on the hot cookie sheet. Cover the cookies up with a hand towel to trap in the heat.
Christmas Cookies for Santa
Santa called, and he said he wants THESE COOKIES for Christmas!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick Butter flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- mini red and green M&Ms desired amount
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
In a stand mixer, whip the butter flavored crisco until lightened in color. Add in the sugar, brown sugar and vanilla and mix together until creamy.
Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
With a round ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
Place mini M&Ma on the tops of each cookie (we prefer less chocolate to cookie, but you can add more if desired).
With the back of a spoon, press each cookie dough ball down to ensure more even baking. After this step, add a few more mini M&Ms to the top of each cookie dough ball.
Bake for 10-11 minutes or until slightly golden.
Cool on baking sheets covered with a hand towel for 10-15 minutes. They will continue to bake a bit more on the hot cookie sheet.
*If you prefer more mini M&Ms in your cookies, then listed and you'd like to mix them into the cookie dough, add about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of the mini M&Ms...depending on how you like them!
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Okay…what is your go to cookie to make for Christmas every year? I love hearing what your favorite is!