Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts with a cheesecake filling. These little tarts are so delicious and so easy to make at home, no special pans needed. Seriously…if you have cupcake pans and cookie cutters, you can make them! Whenever I make these, my family just loves them! They make the perfect sweet treat for a bridal or baby shower or any kind of party really. You can totally make these a day a head, and just assemble the day you will be serving them. We made this quick video to show you how they come together.
These round scalloped edge cookie cutters give these little tarts that fancy edge.
Once the cookie dough is cut out, you can gently place the little rounds into a regular cupcake pan and gravity will just pull them down into place while it’s baking.
- FOR THE SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH:
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- FOR THE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 4oz cool whip)
- FRESH BERRIES FOR SERVING and sliced fruit…your choice.
- FOR THE SUGAR COOKIE CUPS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well in between each addition.
- Add the vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix
- Mix in the flour one cup at a time and mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 discs and and refrigerate or freeze for 10 -15 minutes.
- Cut out your scalloped round cookies and gently place into the uncreased cupcake pan.
- Bake 6-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- FOR THE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- In a glass bowl add in the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla and beat for about 2-3 minutes until creamy.
- In a new bowl whip the heavy cream with a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened cream cheese mixture..
- Move cheesecake filling into a plastic bag for piping (or you can spoon it in) into each cookie cup.
- Top with your choice of fresh berries and or sliced fruit.
- We used: kiwi slices, blueberries, strawberries and mandarin oranges.
- You can make the cookie cups and the cheesecake mixture the night before, and store them separately to assemble the next day. Keep the cheesecake filling refrigerated. Keep the cookie cups covered in an air tight container.
- Slice the fruit and add it onto each one right before serving.
I can’t wait to make them again! They’re so good! Happy Baking!