Are you a big fan of shrimp cocktail? If so, you’ll love this shrimp cocktail dip! It’s one of my most favorite appetizers to bring to a party.
Most of my favorite recipes come from my mom. She’s an excellent cook. I’ve been thinking about my mom a lot lately as she has been helping her parents who live in Montana. It’s been so hard to see my mom cope with the aging of her parents.
One thing you can always count on with my mom, is great food. It’s something that she learned from her mom (my Grandma Kae). You should see the two of them together always planning out the next meal. We laugh about it when we are all together, but now that I really think about it, it’s their way of showing love; love for their family, love for their friends, love for the new mom who just had a baby or the neighbor who is sick. Food really is love.
I feel blessed to have these two excellent examples to follow.
So this recipe today is in honor of my mom. Thank you, Mom for encouraging me in the kitchen and inspiring me to have a love to cook.
Now, for the recipe! The Shrimp Cocktail Platter Appetizer. I’ll let the pictures do the talking, and then I’ll meet you at the bottom with the recipe.
Oh it’s so good! Don’t forget the wheat thin crackers! They are a must with this dip!
- 1- 8oz. package of cream cheese
- ½ Cup of sour cream
- ¼ Cup mayonnaise
- 2- 4½oz. cans Bay shrimp
- 1 Cup cocktail sauce
- 2 Cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 large Green Pepper
- 3 Green Onions (chopped very-very small)
- 1 large Tomato (diced) in the center
- Combine and mix together well the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo.
- Spread on a 12-inch round plate.
- Cover with bay shrimp.
- Cover with cocktail sauce.
- Add layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Top with green pepper, green onion (chopped super fine) and tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with wheat thin crackers.
It’s a good one, I hope you make it!
*This recipe originally published on: October 14,2010. It’s such a great recipe, I’m sharing it again for new readers along with a few new photos!