You are going to love this recipe for Night Owl S’mores snack mix!
If you love the flavors of s’mores, you will love this snack mix. It feeds a crowd and it’s a great make ahead snack for a movie night or an outdoor movie night.
Ingredients to make Night Owl S’mores snack mix:
• 9 cups Honey Grahams Cereal like Golden Grahams
• 3/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
• 3 tablespoons Butter
• 1 11.5 oz. package Milk Chocolate Chips
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
How to make Night Owl S’mores snack mix:
1. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
2. Measure 9 cups graham cereal into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and milk chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour over cereal and stir quickly until cereal is coated with chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows.
5. Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and using a slightly buttered hand, press mixture into the pan.
6. Keeps about 2 days… if it ever lasts that long.
- Try swapping the corn syrup with honey. Equal parts honey will be the swap out for the corn syrup.
- Use your favorite milk chocolate chips: we love Guittard Brand milk chocolate chips. Ghirardelli brand is also great.
- You could also try using semi sweet chocolate chips in place of the milk chocolate chips if you like a more rich darker chocolate flavor.
We love to serve it in a paper cone. It makes it so fun!
What you need to make a paper cone:
To make a cone, all you need is a sheet of scrapbook paper, a pencil, a string, scissors, double stick tape and some parchment paper. A decorative scallop punch is optional, but we think it makes it pretty cute. You could also use decorative scissors on the top.
How to assemble a paper cone:
To make a cone, draw a 1/4 circle. Do you remember the old compasses we used to use in school to make perfect circles? We didn’t have one on hand…. so make it do by using a string tied to a pencil. Hold the corner of the string in the corner of your paper and keep your pencil at a steady angle. To make a generous cone, we made them 8 inches.
You could use glue, but double stick tape is fast and easy, and since these are for serving food, they really aren’t meant to last. Use the tape on the top 4 inches or so, but not all the way to the point. We used a boarder punch to give the paper a little decorative edge. To make these cones food friendly, insert a little parchment paper cut to 8″ x 8″. Now just fill it with your treats!
Happy Camper Crunch
Here’s a fun idea for an even easier snack that doubles as party decor: Happy Camper Crunch. It basically includes the three main ingredients for the Night Owl S’mores snack mix only it doesn’t require any cooking. It also makes adorable party decor. People have fun making itty-bitty s’mores.
Night Owl S'mores Mix
Enjoy s'mores indoors with this delicious Night Owl S'mores mix.
- 9 cups Honey Grahams Cereal like Golden Grahams
- 3/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 11.5 oz. package Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
Measure 9 cups graham cereal into a large mixing bowl.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and milk chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ingredients are combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour over cereal and stir quickly until cereal is coated with chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows.
Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and using a slightly buttered hand, press mixture into the pan.
Keeps about 2 days… if it ever lasts that long.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Have you tried this recipe?! Using the star icons below: RATE and COMMENT! I would love to hear your experience.
MORE S’MORES recipes we LOVE:
Thank you Calli of Make it Do for sharing this recipe with us for Night Owl S’more snack mix! They are crazy good!