Whether you call it, corn pudding, spoon corn bread or corn soufflé, this Jiffy Corn Casserole is the perfect side dish.
Jiffy Corn Casserole combines ingredients you probably already have on hand to create a light, slightly sweet, delicious side dish everyone will love. Combining two types of canned corn, a box of corn muffin mix and sour cream, Jiffy Corn Casserole could not be easier. Just like our Best Cornbread it’s packed with sweet corn flavor. Serve this with your next dinner, a tasty side dish.
What you will need for Jiffy Corn Casserole:
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (15oz.) can of sweet corn, drained
- 1 (15oz.) can of creamed corn
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
How to make Jiffy Corn Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 45 minutes. Baking times will vary depending on the size of baking dish you use. Test the center with a toothpick, if it comes out dry and clean, you know it is set. Let it cool for a few minutes out of the oven before serving.
If you cannot find a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix…make your own. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons white flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the vegetable oil and mix until no lumps are present. Store in a plastic bag. Can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer if not planning to use right away.
- Add 2 Eggs – this makes it lighter and less dense.
- Add cheese – 1/2 to 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese is a nice addition if you love cheese.
- Add sugar – if you want it more sweet, you can add 1/4 cup of sugar to the mix.
- Add jalapeños – for a spicy kick!
Jiffy Corn Casserole
Full of delicious corn flavor, this is a perfect side dish. We use two types of canned corn and sour cream for a spoonable corn bread that's slightly sweet and goes with everything.
- 1 small box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 15 ounce can sweet corn drained
- 1 15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup, melted
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for about 45 minutes. Baking times will vary depending on the size of baking dish you use. Test the center with a toothpick, if it comes out dry and clean, you know it is set. Let it cool for a few minutes out of the oven before serving.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
How to store:
Store leftovers covered tightly in the fridge. This casserole will last up to a week if refrigerated. Warm up individual portions in the microwave for 30 seconds.
What to serve with corn casserole?
- Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
- Ham Rolls
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Beef Bean and Cheese Burritos
More holiday side dishes we love:
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Savory Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
- Stick of Butter Rice
If you try Jiffy Corn Casserole, let us know. Leave us a comment and a star rating, we love hearing from you!