Celebrate Halloween all October long with this fun list.
Here’s a Halloween Countdown filled with games, activities and riddles for the kids!
Countdown all 31 days of October to Halloween with this Halloween countdown. Below you’ll find free downloads for Halloween activities and Halloween riddles to slide into each pocket of your countdown.
This black metal box with the spiers was a thrift store find! – You gotta love a fun thrift store find… it works perfect for this Halloween countdown!
I’m such a sucker for cute scrapbook paper, especially cute Halloween paper. Along with some simple Halloween die cut shapes from Lifestyle Crafts, this Halloween Countdown was easy to make.
This advent is just little pockets with either a Halloween activity or a Halloween riddle inside each one. For the pockets, you could use this coin envelope die along with this nesting frame inside each envelope.
I also made a simple Halloween banner to go along with the countdown. For this banner I used these nesting pennant flags, along with some chipboard letters.
This entire project came about when our local t.v. show (Studio 5) invited me to be a part of a fun series “5 Days – 5 Ways”, they sent 5 bloggers these wooden bingo numbers, and invited us to come up with a creative project using them. With Halloween just around the corner…Halloween is all I could think of when I saw all 31 of these little bingo numbers.
These little bingo numbers perfectly matched these mini clothes pins that I had on hand, so I hot glued them together along with a magnet to the back, making them into little magnets. The great thing about this project, is that these little magnets can be used for other countdowns and advents too…like Christmas! You could do a cute Christmas advent like this one!
As a mom, I know how busy your days can get, so I included Halloween Riddles along with the Halloween activities. On those busy days, you can just slide in a Halloween riddle rather than doing an activity and call it good! You can plan this Halloween countdown a week at a time and do what works for you.
Here’s a great list of Halloween ideas and activities to do OR to make in counting down to Halloween. A fun thing every day all month long. (I’ve included this list with links to help you understand some of them better.)
01. Visit the pumpkin patch
02. Decorate pumpkins without carving them (fun for early October)
03. Carve pumpkins
04. Make pumpkin pancakes with black cinnamon syrup for breakfast
05. Tell ghost stories with a flash light
06. Host a Halloween party
07. Make candy corn rice krispie treats
08. Decorate for Halloween inside and out
09. Make a new Halloween decoration
10. Have a Halloween muffin tin lunch
11. Decorate spooky graham cracker candy houses
12. Make Halloween cookies
13. “BOO” one of your neighbors with a Halloween treat – “You’ve been boo-ed!”
14. Halloween sidewalk chalk
15. Make hotdog mummies for a Halloween dinner
16. Host a witches brew – this one is for moms 🙂
17. Make spider ice cubes
18. Watch Wizard of Oz for the BEST. WITCH. EVER.
19. Make caramel apples
20. Have spider web soup for dinner (tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches, of course.)
21. Download and color a Halloween picture – best coloring gets a prize
22. Have pumpkin ice cream sandwiches for dessert
23. Paint something in glow in the dark paint
24. Take pictures in your Halloween costume before the big night (this one is for the mom :))
25. Watch your favorite Halloween special (maybe – Charlie Brown?)
26. Make spider cider
27. Print and frame your own spooky photos of yourself
28. Go through old magazines and make a Halloween Inspiration board
29. Have a game of Pumpkin Bowling
30. Play a game of pop goes the pumpkin
31. TRICK or TREAT!! – wahoo!
Follow these links to download your (free) Halloween Countdown + Halloween Riddles:
– The list of Halloween activities + riddles
– Halloween Activities 1 (to be cut apart for the countdown)
– Halloween Activities 2 (you will print 1 and 2)
– Halloween Riddles 1 (without the answers)
– Halloween Riddles 2 (you will print 1 and 2)
Happy 31 Days! 🙂
*The answers to the Halloween Riddles are listed on “the list” printable page, so you can have them guess the answers.