DIY spooky Halloween Mirror | NoBiggie.net – learn how to make this spooky Halloween mirror with things you probably have around the house.
What do you get when we combine an old black and white photo and a mirror? – A spooky mirror for Halloween. I’m not much for the ultra spooky/creepy side of Halloween, so this project is about as far as I go in that direction. I recently bought an old book for another project, and I noticed this old image on the inside and knew that it would be perfect for this project. I also happened to have this little mirror that my grandma had given me a while back.
So with these two items in hand, this project was a no brain-er. In fact it was fun to make!
– a small old looking frame (thrift store)
– an old book (thrift store)
– razor blade for scraping or you can try a paint thinner of some sort (use caution with either one, this is not a great project for kids without the supervision of an adult)
– glossy black spray paint
Creepy image, right?! You could also use an old image of an ancestor. Although that might freak your kids out more.
1. Take the mirror apart.
2. Cut out the picture to fit the frame.
3. Scrape off the coating on the back of the mirror.
4. When scrapping try not to scrape off too much. Less is more here. Check it as you go with the picture underneath.
5. See, it looks good here. If I was to do it again, I would scrape a lot less, trying not to scratch too much.
6. Tape the picture to the back of your mirror.
7. Spray your little frame with black spray paint. Then assemble it all together, and…VOILA!!
There you have it! A spooky mirror that you’ll want to keep face down most of the time…or put on your front door. Either way!
So, I’d love to know…When it comes to Halloween, are you more into the cute/crafty/whimsical side of it, or the spooky/creepy side of it?
*Thank you to Woman’s Day magazine for the feature!