Merry Christmas to our sweet friends and family!
I feel like I say this every year, but this year has zoomed by more than ever. Looking back at our family highlights from 2013 helps me realize that the year didn’t really go by in a blink…even if it feels that way. 🙂 Here’s a fun look at 13 NoBiggie family highlights for 20-13.
1. Avery turned double digits this year – 10 on the 10th. It was her golden birthday! She’s growing up so fast, and we are so happy with the sweet, kind girl she is becoming.
2. Aiden had a big year too – the big #5. He keeps us all hopping. We’ve nicknamed him Mr. Hospitality because he is so social and loves to make new friends where ever we go…which is both a good and a bad thing.
3. I mastered the dirty diet coke this Summer! Kyle will always be Diet Pepsi man, but for both of us, a good bevy in a double cup with the good ice is… can we say a highlight of our days? It’s the little things, right?
4. With our extended families, we all honored our little Afton by participated in the Running with Angels 5k this year. The day started with a HUGE May rainstorm, and pretty much anything and everything that could go wrong, did. Despite being muddy and soaked through, we laughed the whole way home – then spent the rest of the day taking a big hot bath! We were freezing!
5. Both the kids loved soccer this Spring and Summer. You just can’t beat that view for a practice field.
6. Kyle participated in Salt-to-Saint, a road bike relay from Salt Lake to Saint George…because he has a different (i.e. crazy!) idea of fun. 😉 In all seriousness, we were really proud of him and in awe of what he has done with his road bike these past two years.
7. Every Summer we head to Montana to spend time with my Mom’s side. We all look forward to this trip. Avery talks this trip up to her friends like it’s Disneyland or something, but it’s not. It’s just Glasgow Montana, a teeny little town on the east side of Montana. The main reason we love it so much is because our two favorite people live there (my grandparents).
8. We checked a biggie off the list this Fall: along with starting Kindergarten, Aiden learned to tie his own shoes! This is a pretty big deal for a boy who puts his shoes on every morning before doing anything else. #shoeobsessed
9. We celebrated 12 years with our dear old dog Rukkus this year. If you’re good at math, he’s 84 in dog years and is getting up there. It’s been hard to see him get old this last year. We’ve all noticed a lot of changes with him, particularly his hearing loss. We are all crazy about our eternal puppy…our little shadow.
10. I had a fun opportunity this Fall to visit the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a blogger’s retreat. I loved seeing a different part of the country I hadn’t seen before and spending time with so many great friends I’ve met online.
11. In November, over Kyle’s birthday, the two of us went to Hawaii for the first time. It was an amazing trip through Kyle’s work. We fell in love with everything over there. It truly is paradise. We would love to visit all the different Hawaiian islands someday.
12. We celebrated the birthday of our little Afton in November. It was a special night for our family. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. She continues to bless our family in so many ways.
13. We especially love this time of year where we can turn our thoughts to our Savior and celebrate His birth. He is our rock, and the hope and peace He brings into our lives is truly the best gift any one can give.
We’re so thankful for all of you – our sweet friends and family who have been so kind and supportive to us. We count you all as blessings in our lives. Merry Christmas!
Here’s a quick look back at years past:
2012 Year in Review
2011 Year in Review