Our family had an amazing year in 2012. So many great memories were made together after ending 2011 in such a sad way with the loss of our little baby Afton. We feel so blessed to have had such a fun year as a family in 2012. Here’s our TOP 12 in 2012:
1. Avery turned 9! Avery is at such a great age! She loves playing with her friends, learning piano and dance and she loves her sugar…every meal has to end with dessert. She really is the ruler of the elves.
2. Disneyland with my side of the family! We went in celebration of my parents 40th anniversary. We had a blast!
Every Disney trip needs to be followed with a day at the beach to decompress. 😉
3. Kyle found a new love: road biking! He rode in the Century Ride in St. George in February with his good buddy Greg. I really love the road biking outfit. Especially when he walks around in nothing but his bibs. #yowza 😉
4. We got to visit my grandparents in Glasgow Montana this Summer. For such a teeny tiny town, we always end up having so much fun when we visit. The best diet coke you will ever have is in Glasgow, Montana. It’s worth the drive. 😉 …maybe not, but these two sure are. We love these two ‘like a lot’.
5. I got to go to New York in July! It was a VERY last minute trip with Kyle’s sisters to see a beautiful dance choreographed by his sister Bree. The dance was dedicated to our little Afton. I cried through it all. The dance won 2nd place! More highlights from this trip include Fishes Eddy and frozen hot chocolate.
6. Little Aiden Jack turned 4. Our sweet boy keeps us all hoppin’. He learned to ride a bike this summer and he has now graduated to his sister’s pink bike which is more ‘tricky’. He cracks us all up!
7. The 4th of July. We love it. We love it all: the balloon festival, the fireworks and the parade…”he LOVES a parade!”
8. Universal Studios in Florida. Our family had an amazing opportunity to visit Universal Florida. It was a trip unlike any other. It was amazing! For real. We will never look at going to an amusement park the same way.
The new Despicable Me ride and Minions were some of our favorites.
9. Lake Powell. It really doesn’t get more beautiful than Lake Powell.
We celebrated Kyle’s Dad’s 65th birthday. (cool birthday, eh?) We went after Labor Day and it was a great time to be there…warm and no crowds.
While we were there, Kyle and his sibs spotted their old house boat “The Powelligator”. After 20+ years it’s still floatin’ along.
10. Jackson Hole for Fall Break. In October we joined our friends the Masons for a weekend in Jackson. It was beautiful!
11. In November we celebrated our little Afton’s birthday. We sent lots of little pink balloons to heaven. The sunset was amazing that night. We think about our little Afton everyday and look forward to being with her again.
12. Elfin’ around. All this month, I started the “elf on the shelf” tradition. Oye! …talk about a full time job! Although it has been so fun for my little elves as we keep the magic of Christmas going.
That’s it for us. With all these great memories made, our favorite memory this time of year is of our Savior Jesus Christ, and the perfect life he lived. It’s through him that we have hope and peace.
We hope you all had a great 2012 and we wish you a wonderful 2013. – kam and fam