‘Tis the Season for holiday parties and delicious appetizers. Here’s a great appetizer that looks and sounds fancy when really it’s pretty easy to make at home: Chicken Satay with a peanut dipping sauce. If you’re headed to a party this month, this would be a great app to bring and easily warm up when you arrive.
I’ve partnered with Marzetti® using their Simply Dressed line of refrigerated salad dressing for this recipe.
For the chicken satay, here’s what you’ll need:
-2 chicken breasts – boneless skinless chicken breasts
– Marzetti Simply Dressed Ginger Sesame Dressing
1. Pound flat two chicken breasts. I like to use an old (cleaned out) plastic bag from a cereal box. The plastic on those bags is indestructible.
2. Once pounded flat, slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
3. Pour the entire bottle of dressing into a bowl for marinating.
4. Weave the chicken strips onto wooden skewers and place into the dressing to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes up to an hour.
5. Place all the skewers onto a wire cooling rack over a lined baking sheet. Covering the wooden skewers with tin foil while they cook.
6. Place this baking sheet under the broiler of your oven for 6 – 7 minutes flipping and rotating the skewers half way through, until the chicken is cooked and browned on all sides.
Now for the peanut dipping sauce…this sauce can be made a day in advance and refrigerated. Serve it at room temperature.
Here’s the recipe:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons juice from 1 lime
2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 medium garlic clove, minced or pressed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions chopped fine (green and white parts)
Whisk the peanut butter and the hot water together in a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a smaller bowl. That’s it. I’m excited for you to try it!
Looking for more great appetizers? You’ve got to try:
Disclosure: I have been invited to participate in a Marzetti® ambassador program. This post is sponsored by Marzetti and product has been provided by them. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. Thank you for helping support the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.
I’ll be sharing delicious recipes using their products all year long. Be sure to follow Marzetti on Facebook and Pinterest for more information. Find more recipe ideas and meal planning at Marzetti Kitchens!