Learn how to make the BEST Lemon Bars…yep all caps…these lemon bars are that good! Super Lemony…and super easy to make. They make a great dessert to bring to a party…cut them a little smaller to share with many. I’m a lemon lover through and through, we’ve shared a bunch of favorite lemon recipes here, including one of my favorites the Lemon Meringue Dessert, and I can’t believe I’ve never shared my favorite lemon bar recipe here! I mean c’mon…lemon bars are the greatest of all the lemon desserts! We made a fun quick video to show you how simple they are to make at home.
I’m a big kitchen gadget fan, and it’s always fun when recipes put some of the less used kitchen gadgets to work. Gotta love the microplane lemon zester! It’s a must for this recipe to get all that flavorful lemon zest! What’s your favorite kitchen gadget that you don’t get to use that often…but you’re always thrilled when a recipe needs it…and you have one? Ever wondered why lemon zest is included in a recipe, when it seems just the lemon juice alone would add great lemon-y flavor. Lemon zest is a super easy way to add intense lemon flavor to baked goods…like these lemon bars. The zester is great for zesting all citrus fruits.
- FOR THE SHORTBREAD COOKIE CRUST
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- FOR THE LEMON CURD FILLING
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- *powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9x13 pan with a sheet of parchment paper, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the flour and salt until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan.
- If time allows, chill the dough in in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Chill.
- For the Lemon Curd Filling, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar), and pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the lemon curd filling is set in the middle and it doesn’t giggle in the pan when you move it a bit.
- Once set remove from oven and let cool to room temperature or chill overnight.
- Finish with a dusting of powdered sugar before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
I hope all you lemon lovers make them soon! They’re so fresh and springy. Have a great day!