The best breakfast bagel sandwich is super simple to make at home, and so delicious!
So often breakfast foods can be sweet (pancakes, waffles, french toast), and as much as I love all those things, I hate how I feel when I start my day off with a bunch of sugar. Sometimes I just crave a big hearty breakfast sandwich. This loaded bagel sandwich is just the ticket. You get fresh tomatoes and avocados, the protein of scrambled eggs on a lightly toasted bagel. I feel much better about a breakfast like this for our whole family.
Breakfast Bagel Sandwich Ingredients:
- mayo (we are using blue cheese dressing)
How to make a Breakfast Bagel Sandwich:
- Start by making the light and fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Cut the bagel in half and toast the bagel in the toaster.
- Add the mayo or dressing to both toasted sides.
- Add sliced tomato, sliced avocado and add the scrambled eggs
Because this is a breakfast bagel sandwich, scrambled eggs make it a “breakfast sandwich”, but you really can customize this sandwich to make it exactly how you like it.
- Meat: sausage patty, strips of crispy bacon, Canadian Bacon or a slice of ham.
- Veggies: avocado, tomatoes, sautéd mushrooms, sautéd zucchini, spinach (cooked or fresh)
- Cheese: Swiss, cheddar, havarti, Provolone
- Spreads: butter, mayo, olive oil or your favorite sandwich spread or dressing
This is one of those things that once assembled it doesn’t keep very well, so I wouldn’t recommend assembling until right before consuming. The good news is that they come together fairly quickly.
Freeze: Bagels, just like most bread, freeze great! Before freezing, slice the bagels in half so that they can thaw and toast quicker.
If you are looking to speed up time in the morning, you easily can scramble the eggs the night before and warm them up in the microwave when you are ready to assemble.
The Best Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
The ultimate savory breakfast bagel sandwich is so simple to make at home and so delicious!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 1 slice Swiss cheese or provolone cheese
- 1 big soft bagel toasted
- 1 tablespoon Blue Cheese dressing (or mayo)
Soft scramble the eggs with a little milk. Season the scrambled eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
Once you have everything ready to go: sliced, scrambled, cooked and toasted, you can assemble your big delicious breakfast bagel sandwich.
Spread a little blue cheese dressing onto the toasted insides of the bagel. Layer the scrambled eggs, cheese, tomatoes and sliced avocado inside. Enjoy!
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
These breakfast bagel sandwiches would be so fun to serve as a bagel bar. It would be such a fun way to feed a crowd.
What to serve with a bagel bar?
Fresh fruit would be a great addition to serve along side a breakfast bagel bar.
- honey dew
More recipes we love:
- blue cheese mushroom crostini
- caesar salad on a stick
- chicken satay with a peanut dipping sauce
- wedge salad with pomegranate seeds
Disclosure: I was invited to participate in a Marzetti® ambassador program. This post is sponsored by Marzetti and product has been provided by them. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. Thank you for helping support the brands that keep me inspired in the kitchen.