I love simple appetizers. If you plan on hosting a party, whether it be a baby shower, wedding shower or just a fun get together with friends, these little caesar salads on a stick will be a hit with everyone.
Just by adding “on a stick”, whatever it is you are serving, it’s instantly cute. It’s all about the presentation.
See what I mean?
Earlier this year, I shared a great appetizer recipe: blue cheese mushroom crostini, using the Ultimate Blue Cheese Marzetti Salad dressing. This month, I’m using their caesar dressing. The Marzetti salad dressings are found in the refrigerated section near the produce of your grocery store. If you are in Utah, you can find them at Smiths grocery store. They are really good dressings, my family has loved them.
Okay for the recipe:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of croutons
- 1 small package of shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle of Marzetti Supreme Caesar salad dressing
- Chop the romaine lettuce into small square chunks.
- Wash both the tomatoes and the romaine lettuce.
- Toss the lettuce and the tomatoes in the caesar dressing.
- Depending on how many skewers you assemble, use as much as you prefer. Begin to skewer the lettuce, tomato and then the crouton. Lay the skewers neatly on your serving platter and sprinkle with the shaved parmesan cheese and season with kosher salt and crushed black pepper. Serve chilled.
That’s it! It’s a fun twist on a classic recipe. You could add chicken to the skewers also if you’d like.
More salads on a stick!
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Marzetti salad dressings. All opinions and views are my own. All photos and original recipe by me, Kami for NoBiggie.net.