The ultimate peppermint crunch brownies with a thin peppermint bark layer and a sprinkle of crushed candy canes.
Peppermint Crunch Brownie Recipe
It’s that time of year when we crave all things peppermint and chocolate, and these peppermint crunch brownies are dangerously easy to make. We love them with pink peppermint ice cream and our 10 minute homemade hot fudge. They are so good! For the basic brownie recipe, we are using our favorite one bowl from scratch brownie recipe, along with this topping, they make the best peppermint brownies from scratch! We love how the topping cracks unevenly when you cut into the brownies, looking like the uneven break lines of peppermint bark.
Andes Peppermint Brownies
We love the Andes Mints baking chips that pop up in the grocery stores this time of year. To make these peppermint crunch brownies, we are using both kinds of these Andes Mints…Peppermint Crunch and Creme De Menthe
How to make Peppermint Crunch Brownies
- While the brownies are still warm from the oven, you will add about 1/4 of the bag from each type of Andes mint baking chips. First layer on the peppermint crunch baking chips. They will start to melt from the heat of the brownies. Take a butter knife and spread the chips all over the top of the brownies like frosting.
- Next layer on the Creme De Menthe baking chips (about 1/4 of the bag). Let them melt a little from the warmth of the brownies and then spread them like frosting over the pink layer.
- While the top layer is still warm, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Let the two layers set. This can take an hour or more (or overnight).
The two layers together make like a thin peppermint bark layer. That’s it. They are so easy!
Top them with whipped cream and sprinkle with more crushed candy canes for the perfect holiday dessert!
I always get excited when the pink peppermint ice cream is back in the freezer section (It’s the MOST WONDERFUL TIME…OF THE YEAR)…it’s the best, especially with these brownies. Drizzle with chocolate syrup or even better…HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE!
Peppermint Crunch Brownies
The Easiest Peppermint Crunch Brownies made with two kinds of Andes Mints Baking chips to create a peppermint bark topping on the perfect brownie.
For the Brownies:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Peppermint Crunch top layer
- 1/4 bag Andes Mints Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (use the 10oz. size bag)
- 1/4 bag Andes Mints Creme De Menthe Baking Chips (use the 10oz. size bag)
- 3 small candy canes crushed
To make the Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl mix all the brownie ingredients together. Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
To make the Peppermint Crunch Topping:
While the brownies are still warm from the oven, add about 1/4 of the bag of the Andes peppermint crunch baking chips over the top. They will start to melt from the heat of the brownies. Take a butter knife and spread the chips all over the top of the brownies like frosting.
Next layer on the Creme De Menthe baking chips (about 1/4 of the bag). Let them melt a little from the warmth of the brownies and then spread them like frosting over the pink layer.
While the top layer is still warm and not yet set, sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Let the two layers set. This can take an hour or more (best overnight). Cover the top of the baking dish with plastic wrap making sure not to touch the frosted top of the brownies. The two layers together make a thin peppermint bark layer.
Serve with whipped cream, more crushed candy canes, pink peppermint ice cream and homemade hot fudge.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Pink Peppermint Ice Cream is the cutest! Do you get excited when you see it in the grocery store too?
Peppermint Brownies with crushed candy canes
The next Christmas party you attend, you have to make these! To make the cute candy cane hearts, just place two candy canes together (ends touching) on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. With your oven still set to 350F. Place the pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Watch the candy canes in the oven start to soften. Take the pan out of the oven. While the candy canes are still pliable, press the ends together creating a heart shape.