These Jalapeño Poppers are a spicy, cheesy, crispy bite, that will be a hit on game day.
Jalapeño peppers are halved and filled with two types of cheese, bacon and topped with a crispy golden crust. These Jalapeño Poppers will disappear on game day.
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped *optional
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
How to make Jalapeño Poppers with bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and inside membranes.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and chives (if using) together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with the Panko bread crumbs, stir to combine.
- Fill jalapeños with the cheese/bacon mixture. Top with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with ranch dressing on the side. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.
Working with Fresh Jalapeño Peppers:
- Wear gloves when working with Jalapeños. The oil from the peppers can burn your skin and eyes. The oil can last on your skin for 24 hours.
- Capsaicin (or, the heat) is concentrated in the seeds and membrane of the peppers. If you want more of a kick, then leave some in while preparing the Jalapeños.
- The shelf life of fresh Jalapeño peppers is about one week in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to use parchment paper while baking, for easy clean up.
Jalapeno peppers are halved and filled with two types of cheese, bacon and topped with a crispy golden crust.
- 12 jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped fine *optional
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs bread
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Wearing gloves, slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix cream cheese, garlic powder, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and chives (if using).
In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with the Panko bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
Fill jalapeños with the cheese and bacon mixture and top with the bread crumbs. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden.
Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve with ranch dressing.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
- Add browned crumbled sausage instead of bacon.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese or even parmesan cheese.
- If you like heat, add a dash of your favorite hot sauce to the cheese mixture.
More jalapeño recipes:
More game day favorites:
If you try these Jalapeño poppers, let us know. Leave a comment and give us a star rating, it makes our day!