I’m loving my Instant Pot lately! Last week we shared our favorite potato salad recipe using the instant pot, and this week, it’s all about this: Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake! Have you ever made something so delicious AND so cute that you want to take a picture WITH it?! Please tell me I’m not the only one (hahaha). I’ll spare you the awkward photo…but this cheesecake qualified! At first I was worried that it wasn’t going to turn out in the cute department, but that’s where a little chocolate shavings can save the day.
During the cooking process, I covered the top with tinfoil inside the Instant Pot to keep any water off the top, the only problem is that the tinfoil sort of stuck to the top and when I peeled it off, it wasn’t perfectly smooth. Next time I make a cheesecake in the instant pot, I’ll use one of these silicone tops. Hopefully it will work better than the foil did.
We made a quick video so you can see how easy it is to make using an Instant Pot!
The more I use my instant pot, the more comfortable I feel to take on different recipes. Here’s the thing…certain recipes like cheesecakes and potato salad need to chill in the fridge after cooking in the instant pot, so it makes me wonder how much of a time saver it really is. A typical cheesecake needs to cook in a water bath in the oven for a good two hours, so to be able to cook it in just 30+ minutes is awesome! I’m sure with things like cooking meat in a savory dinner recipe the Instant Pot is a total time saver, because when it’s done cooking, you can serve it right away.
I’d love to hear from you…Do you have an instant pot…what’s your favorite time saving recipe when it comes to the Instant Pot?
Here’s the recipe to print:
- Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 20 whole Oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- For The Cheesecake:
- 2 8oz. bricks of cream cheese, at room temp
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups of water, for the bottom of instant pot
- whipped cream
- fresh raspberries
- milk and dark chocolate bars for shaving
- Butter the inside of 7" springform pan.
- Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of the instant pot and place the rack on the bottom.
- Make a tin foil sling to help lift the cheesecake pan in and out of the instant pot with ease.
- Make the Oreo Cookie Crust: In a food processor combine the Oreos with the melted butter until well combined.
- Pour the cookie crumb butter mixture into the bottom of a spring form pan and press down until even with any excess going up the sides of the pan. Put the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- To make the cheesecake filling: In a food processor, mix the cream cheese with the sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Once combined, add one egg and the 2 egg yolks.
- Add the melted chocolate and sour cream.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down and add vanilla and flour and mix until creamy.
- Pour mixture onto the Oreo cookie crust in the springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place pan on the tin foil sling and slowly lower it into the Instant Pot. Loosely cover with foil to keep water off the top of the cheesecake.
- Place lid into lock position and make sure the pressure release valve is pointed to “sealing”.
- Set Instant Pot to maximum pressure for 30 minutes. The timer will start to countdown once it has reached full pressure inside.
- When the timer beeps, turn the machine off and let it return to normal pressure for 15 minutes.
- Unlock lid and use the foil sling to transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Do a quick check to make sure your cheesecake is completely cooked. Give it a little shake and if it jiggles in the middle, you will need to cook it for longer. If it's set, let it cool for an hour.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, gently undo the springform pan and run a knife around the rim.
- Remove the ring off the springform pan.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
If you love chocolate…and cheesecake, you have to make this! Have a great day!
*Amazon Affiliate links in this post.