Asian Chicken Pasta Salad | NoBiggie.net
This might be (in my opinion) the best salad recipe I know, it’s a meal in itself. It’s the kind of salad that you’d serve at a baby shower or a bridal shower, and everyone will be asking for the recipe. It’s a family favorite. Doesn’t it look so good?! We made a quick video to show you how easily this salad comes together!
The recipe is at the bottom, but I thought I’d give you a little of the HOW TO in pictures, with a bit of commentary.
Here are the main ingredients lined up, minus the chicken. As well as the salad’s dressing ingredients. I make two batches of the dressing, one for marinating the chicken and pasta in overnight. and a second batch for tossing the salad with right before serving.
Toast the sliced almonds and the sesame seeds (separately) in a dry hot pan.
Here are all the ingredients minus the dressing and the marinated pasta and the chicken in a big bowl ready to be tossed with the chicken, pasta, and dressing.
And here it is all tossed together! Oh, it’s so good. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 4 chicken breasts cooked & shredded or all the breast meat of one large rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup green onions (sliced & diced into oblivion)
- ½ pack sliced almonds - toasted
- 1 bag spinach (stems removed)
- 1 sm. bag pea pods
- 1 small can mandarin oranges (drained)
- FOR THE SALAD DRESSING (double this into two separate batches)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds (toasted)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil *or sesame oil is great here too
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan, remove from heat and separate into two bowls for the dressings.
- Shred the chicken breast meat from a rotisserie chicken.
- Mix up the two separate batches of the dressing to be used as a marinade and later as a salad dressing.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (do not over cook the pasta), remove the pasta from the water.
- In a large bowl while the pasta and chicken are still warm, add the dressing and toss. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until chilled. Optional: If you'd like, you can move the chicken and pasta to a ziplock gallon sized bag to chill in the fridge for a more even marinade.
- Marinate chicken & pasta in the fridge overnight, or for a few hours until chilled.
- Toast the sliced almonds in a dry pan, remove from pan.
- In a large bowl add the marinaded pasta and chicken and all the other salad ingredients.
- Toss with the salad dressing and serve.
The spinach will start to wilt once the salad is mixed with the dressing, so you can add the spinach in small batches if serving this salad for a shower or party.
*Recipe originally published March 2010 – sharing it again for new readers!
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Here’s some of our favorites: