This is our first year growing carrots in our garden, and it’s been so fun to harvest them! Whether your carrots are fresh from your garden or store bought, this roasting method is the best…these garlic rosemary roasted carrots need to happen in your kitchen.
With this method, you basically infuse the oil with garlic and rosemary and then toss the carrots in the fragrant oil for roasting. This way the garlic and rosemary will not burn in the oven during the roasting process. You then add the toasted garlic and crispy rosemary back into the carrots after roasting for the most flavor.
We are learning so much about gardening surrounded by so many master gardeners where we live. I loved learning that you can plant carrots so early in the season. Here’s our little carrot harvest. Next year I want to plant more…they were so good!
How cute is this baby carrot wrapped around this bigger carrot…it’s like a mama and her baby. Have you seen all those funny carrot pictures online? It’s pretty crazy the shapes that some carrots grow into.
Once you get the carrots ready: peeled, washed and trimmed…you’re ready to roast. I like to cover the sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup.
Once the oil is infused with the flavors of garlic and rosemary, you can drizzle it over the carrots and toss them until well coated (see full recipe).
Warm out of the oven you can add the toasted garlic and rosemary onto the carrots. Garnish with a little flat leaf parsley and serve! These carrots went fast at our house, they were delicious!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, washed and leafy ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- small handful fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small sauce pan heat olive oil with rosemary and garlic over medium heat. Cook while stirring and shaking the pan constantly, until the garlic begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Immediately strain oil through a fine mesh strainer. Set the garlic and rosemary aside to be used later in this recipe.
- On a sheet pan covered with foil lay all the carrots out on the pan. Drizzle the fragrant infused oil all over the carrots and give the carrots a toss in the oil until completely coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast carrots at 400 for 40 minutes. About midway during the cooking time rotate the carrots for even cooking.
- Once out of the oven sprinkle and toss the carrots with the garlic rosemary mixture. Garnish with a sprinkle of minced fresh parsley leaves. Serve warm.
More roasted veggies we love: