Chicken, bacon, mushroom lasagna rollups are everything you’d think they’d be, creamy, salty, warm pure comfort food. Topped with a homemade Alfredo Sauce these rollups are the food equivalent of McDreamy and McSteamy all rolled into one (wink). The best thing about lasagna rollups is that there’s no worry when you cut into it that you might accidentally pull all the noodles and cheese with a serving like you can with regular lasagna. With lasagna rollups each serving is one neat little rolled up bundle all ready to go. They’re the best!
We made a quick video so you can see them in action:
Chicken, bacon and mushrooms are so good together, don’t you think?
Here are the rollups right before going into the oven. With this recipe we made a full pan of 8 rollups and a second pan of 6. If you have extra noodles and ingredients, you might as well use it all until you run out of one of the ingredient layers.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 large package mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup grated mozzarella (for the top)
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half of a block)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated + more to garnish
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped *optional garnish
- Cook the lasagna noodles and set aside.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce - In a medium sized sauce pan combine butter, garlic, heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Temper the egg yolk before adding into the sauce by adding a little sauce with the egg yolk and mixing it with the sauce. Add the egg yolk into the sauce, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk if needed. Set Aside.
- In a large frying pan, fry up the bacon pieces. Once browned remove from pan and add the garlic, onion and mushrooms. Cook in the bacon drippings. Once cooked, set the mushroom mixture aside
- In a separate mixing bowl make the filling, mix together all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- You are now ready to assemble the rollups.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lineup 8 cooked lasagna noodles. Spread about 4 tablespoons of the filling mixture onto each noodle.
- Layer the shredded chicken, bacon crumbles and mushrooms onto each one. Do not over do it, making sure you can still roll up each noodle.
- In a 9x13 glass casserole baking dish, spoon out about 1 cup of the Alfredo Sauce into the baking dish. Add 8 rollups into the dish. Spoon more of the Alfredo Sauce over the top of each rollup and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until sauce is hot and bubbly. Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you love them as much as my family did!
More Italian Food Favorites: