Yikes! This week is kickin’ my butt. It’s like the holidays hit and your whole schedule gets thrown through a loop. I did however make my bed and take a shower today, so things are on the up and up. 🙂 With so many holiday parties happening this month, I thought it would be fun to share this delicious appetizer recipe: Baked apple and brie tarts…so good, so easy.
I’ll share the recipe below, but here is a quick look at the cups before baking:
and here they are just out of the oven:
Here’s the recipe:
- phyllo dough
- 2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
- brie cheese, about 24+ one inch squares
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 TBL. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Cut the phyllo dough into squares and fit them in muffin tins.
- Then cook the chopped up apples in a bit of water and add the sugar and cinnamon to taste until it thickens.
- Add a piece of Brie cheese about an inch square in each phyllo dough cup and top with the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly.
- When cool, frost with the glaze. Serve warm.
They really are so good!
If you are looking for more appetizer recipes, you’ll love these: