Back with another great recipe to help put all your fresh from the garden goods to use. If you grew tomatoes and green bell peppers this year, this recipe is for you. Pepper Steak, it’s one of my mom’s summer standbys’.
I love this recipe. I love how the tomatoes cook in the sauce. It’s so good. Isn’t this a pretty site? All those fresh veggies chopped up ready to go.
You add the garden vegetables towards the end.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 round steak or sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup veg. oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1-teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2-teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 green peppers in strips
- 4 tomatoes in wedges
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- Brown the meat in hot oil in a heavy skillet. (If using round steak simmer with a little water for about an hour to tenderize it.)
- Add beef broth, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables. Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Stir 4 teaspoons Cornstarch and 4 tablespoons water until smooth paste. Add slowly to beef mixture. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils. Serve over rice.
It’s a keeper! I hope you all have a great day! It’s our last week of Summer, and I’m not ready! We are going to live it up!