Chocolate Truffle Pie…layers and layers of rich chocolate all in one pie. The creamy cool layers of this pie is what your chocolate dreams are made of, seriously it’s pretty heavenly.
Okaaay…Are you ready for this?! There are basically 5 layers for this pie…it might sound more time intensive than a regular chocolate cream pie, but it’s sooo worth it!
You have the:
1- Oreo cookie crust (store bought for ease if you’d like)
2- the bottom layer – the chocolate truffle layer
3- the middle layer – the chocolate mousse layer
4- the top layer – whipped cream
5- chocolate shavings the very tippy top layer
Doesn’t it look amazing?!
It would be the fan favorite at a dessert party for sure.
Alright, here’s the recipe:
- 1 oreo cookie pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 32oz. container of heavy whipping cream (32 ounces/ 4 cups)
- ½ cup powdered sugar + more if desired
- 12-ounce bag of bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp vanilla
- milk chocolate chunk or chocolate bar for chocolate curls (top layer)
- Start with the chocolate truffle filling, the bottom layer: In a saucepan, bring ⅔ cup of cream to a simmer. Place 6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate chips into a medium size bowl and pour hot cream over the chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute, then gently whisk until smooth. Spread the truffle filling over the bottom of the oreo cookie pie crust. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Next work on the -whipped chocolate filling (the middle layer). Using a double boiler (or microwave set on low power), heat the 6 ounces of chocolate chips with ½ cup of whipping cream until the chocolate is just melted, stirring often. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. In a chilled bowl, whip the chocolate mixture with 1 cup of whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped chocolate over the truffle filling in the pie crust. Refrigerate over night.
- Just before serving, whip 1 cup of cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the pie.
- Garnish with milk chocolate shavings: Using a vegetable peeler, create chocolate curls to garnish the top of the pie.
- Serve immediately with the whipped cream top layer.
- *This pie stays good in the fridge for a few days, if put in an air tight container.
So excited for you guys to try it!
Looking for more delicious chocolate desserts? Here’s some of our favorites: