One thing is always guaranteed when we visit my grandparents in Montana…there will always be chocolate marshmallow cookies in my grandma’s freezer.
Another thing that is always guaranteed…they won’t last very long. Because they are so dang good! Hands down these are the family favorite.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
-15 marshmallows (cut into thirds)
-2/3 Cup cocoa powder
-2 Cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 Cup sugar (plus 1/2 Cup sugar for rolling)
-1 Cup crisco
-1/2 Cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
-2 unbeaten eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cut marshmallows into thirds (I use scissors), and place in freezer while preparing the cookie dough.
2. Measure and Sift together with a whisk the: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the: sugar, brown sugar and crisco.
4. Blend into the sugar bowl the 2 unbeaten eggs and vanilla. Beat together well.
5. Stir in the dry ingredients.
6. Roll the dough around each marshmallow third sealing it in a small ball.(This can get messy, so sometimes I wear those thin plastic throw away gloves.)
7. Roll each ball in sugar.
8. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
9. Bake at 400 for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, then set out to cool.
That’s it! They bake for such a short time, and it’s better to under cook than over cook them. They freeze really well too. They are a good mix of salty sweet. I hope you try them!
More sweet treats to love: