Chicken Broccoli Casserole | NoBiggie.net | a great recipe for using up rotisserie chicken
I know a few of you mock the casserole (I’m not gonna name names…you know who you are), but c’mon… if a casserole gets my kids to eat broccoli, then I say Mock-A-Way!
I wish I could say that I follow this recipe exactly, but I don’t. Since it’s not baking and it doesn’t have to be exact, I sort of do my own thing. We love lots of broccoli, lemon juice and curry powder and less chicken. So I mix things up a bit.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ Cup Mayo
- ½ Cup Milk (I add extra to make it more thinned out)
- 1 TBL. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 2 Chicken Breasts – cooked & shredded (or chicken from a rotisserie chicken- this is what I use)
- lots of fresh broccoli steamed
- 1 cup grated cheese + more if you really like cheese
- steamed rice
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together except for the steamed broccoli and the grated cheese. Layer the steamed broccoli into your 9x13 glass casserole dish. Top the broccoli with the saucy chicken mixture. Then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Bake @ 350 for 20-30 minutes
- Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Here’s some of our favorites:
*Original Publish Date: 3/16/2010