Blue cheese mushroom crostini – the perfect appetizer | NoBiggie.net
I’ve come to love Superbowl Sunday for three reasons: great commercials, the half time show and lots of great appetizers. These little blue cheese mushroom crostini need to be added to your line up.
This recipe combines three of my favorites into one little flavor packed bite. Blue cheese, sauteed mushrooms and crostini. If you are always on the hunt for great appetizer recipes, this is a good one to add to your list. For this recipe I used Marzetti ultimate blue cheese salad dressing which is found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. This dressing makes these tiny toasts so good!
Here’s the recipe:
- one baguette (sliced)
- Marzetti Ultimate Blue Cheese salad dressing(found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store)
- white or baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- swiss cheese (pre sliced)
- To start slice up the baguette. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Brush each slice with butter or olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Flip the "tiny toasts" over mid baking to ensure golden on both sides.
- Saute the mushrooms in about 1 - 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once cooked and cooled, chop up (even smaller) some of the sauteed mushroom pieces leaving out a bunch of the pretty sliced pieces for the tops of the crostini.
- To assemble the toasts. Start with a spread of the Marzetti blue cheese dressing. Top with the chopped up sauteed mushrooms followed by a small slice of swiss cheese.
- Turn on your oven's broiler to low heat and place your pan of tiny toasts under the broiler for a short time just to melt the swiss cheese. Watch them the whole time (do not walk away during this step).
- To finish garnish with a small sauteed mushroom slice.
They are really so good, and they make the perfect appetizer for SuperBowl Sunday!
*Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Marzetti salad dressings. All opinions and views are my own. All photos and original recipe by me, Kami for NoBiggie.net.