Ever since we shared the Baked Spaghetti recipe a few weeks ago, we had forgotten how quick it is to whip up Alfredo sauce at home. If you’re crazy for Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce…like you even order extra to dip in the breadsticks (guilty), you have to try this recipe. We even dare say it’s better than Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce. It’s definitely a lot less expensive. Creamy decadent comfort food at it’s finest. Topped with sautéed shrimp, and dinner is served! My kids love when we make this.
When I think of my ultimate comfort foods, fettuccini Alfredo is high up on the list. It’s pure heaven. It’s always fun to make a restaurant favorite at home, not to mention way less expensive. I love that this sauce can be so versatile too, you can serve it with shrimp like we did here or grilled chicken and artichokes, you really can’t go wrong.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated + more to garnish
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped *optional garnish
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine butter, garlic, heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Temper the egg yolk before adding into the sauce by adding a little sauce with the egg yolk and mixing it with the sauce. Add the egg yolk into the sauce, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk if needed.
- Stir in cooked pasta and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with sautéed shrimp for a complete meal. Enjoy!
What’s your ultimate comfort food favorite?