Veggie Pizza makes a great make ahead appetizer that you can keep chilled in the fridge until party time.
I love a good appetizer that’s easy to make and travels great. This Veggie Pizza is just that, plus it’s healthy, loaded with all your favorite veggies. The best part is that you serve it cold, so you can make it ahead and pull it out of the fridge and slice it up right before your friends get there. It would make an easy addition to a table full of Game Day appetizers.
What you need to make Crescent Veggie Pizza:
- crescent rolls
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- ranch dressing
- broccoli florets
- any extra veggies
How to make Veggie Pizza:
- Prepare dough: Remove crescent dough from packaging. Arrange and press down into the bottom of a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake crust: Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix ranch: In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix until smooth.
- Add to crust: Spread over the crescent roll crust.
- Top with veggies: Top with all the chopped veggies: broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
How to store Veggie Pizza:
If you end up with any leftovers you can keep this veggie pizza store covered in the fridge. It will only last around two days!
You really can change up this Cold Appetizer Pizza with so many different vegetables to make it your own:
- grated carrots
- sliced olives
- marinated and sliced artichoke hearts
- asparagus (blanched and sliced)
- roasted and marinated red peppers
Tips and Tricks:
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temp to make it more spreadable
- If you want the cream cheese to be a little more spreadable you can use an electric mixer (either a hand mixer or stand mixer) and add a little whole milk to the cream cheese and seasonings to thin it out a bit and make it less thick.
- Make the cream cheese mixture ahead of time. The longer the flavors have to “marry” chilling in the fridge, the better the flavor will be. You can make this a day ahead.
- To take the raw vegetable look out of the broccoli, you can steam it for just a minute to make the green color more vibrant. To stop the cooking process, add the broccoli directly into a water bath to keep it from over cooking.
Serving Veggie Pizza:
It’s up to you on how you slice them up to serve. You can cut them into cute little squares or triangles to look just like pizza. Only this is healthy pizza!
Crescent Rolls for Veggie Pizza:
To make this recipe that much easier, we like to use crescent roll dough for the pizza crust. I bought the 2 pack of crescent rolls, and I ended up using both to fill this half pan sized baking tray. I love using those pre cut sheets of parchment paper. Just bake the crescent rolls as directed on the package. Set it aside while you mix up the cream cheese spread.
Sauce for Veggie Pizza:
For the sauce you will just mix together the block of cream cheese with a packet of ranch dressing. I used a homemade version of ranch dressing, which is so easy and I love knowing the exact ingredients in it. Once mixed together, just spread it all over the top. It spreads easier if the crescent rolls are still a little warm from the oven. Then just add your favorite chopped veggies.
Veggie Pizza is a healthy and delicious appetizer that is so easy to make!
- 2 tubes 8 ounces each refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz., softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream optional
- 1 packet of ranch dressing or try our favorite homemade version
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- add any of your favorite vegetables here
Remove crescent dough from packaging. Arrange and press down into the bottom of a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix until smooth.
Spread over the crescent roll crust.
Top with all the chopped veggies: broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
More delicious appetizers that we LOVE:
That’s it! Next time you host you’ll have to make this veggie pizza and let me know what you think in the comments below! Thanks!