Creative craft projects using something we all have around the house: TP tubes.
While you are indoors, let’s make the best of it, and get crafty. Avoid those dreaded “I’m Bored!” cries from kids and get creative with something we all have around the house: cardboard toilet paper tubes. The boredom is bound to happen, so we gathered some fun and super cute craft ideas that can be made with toilet paper rolls to pass the time and get the creativity flowing.
How to sanitize toilet paper tubes for crafts:
Avoiding the spread of germs is on the forefront of all of our minds. There are a couple of different ways to sanitize something like a cardboard toilet paper that can often be germ-y.
You can spray them with a disinfectant spray like Lysol and let them sit in the sun to dry.
If you want to save that disinfectant spray for more necessary cleaning, another method of disinfecting without chemicals is to place the tubes on a baking sheet and bake them for 20 minutes at 170F or up to 200F degrees. This is typically the lowest setting option on your oven. You don’t want to use a higher temp because they could catch on fire if they are near the heating element. Also don’t leave the kitchen during this time so you can keep an eye on them. 20 minutes in the oven at this low temp will kill any and all bacteria.
What Creative things can you make with a TP Tube?
1. Cardboard Tube Minon | Crafts by Amanda
2. Cardboard Tube Bowling Game | Craftulate
3. Toilet Paper Roll Bunny | The Best Ideas for Kids
4. Toilet Paper Roll Train | Kids Activities Blog
5. Rainbow Windsock | Easy Peasy and Fun
6. Cardboard Tube Unicorns | Kids Craft Room
7. Toilet Paper Roll Ice Castle | Red Ted Art
8. Toilet Paper Roll Leprechaun King | Kids Activities Blog
9. Seahorse Puppets | The Craft Train
10. Owl Pillow Boxes | Kerry’s Paper Crafts Blog
11. Bird Feeder | Factory Direct Craft
12. Birthday Crowns | Creative Jewish Mom
13. Patriotic Kids Blowers | Natural Beach Living
14. Polka Dot Paper Lanterns | Just Crafty Enough
15. Candy Rolls | The House that Lars Built
16. Puppy Marionette | Parents.
17. Toilet Paper Roll Pigs | Farm Wife Crafts
18. Toilet Paper Roll Bunny Stamps | Crafty Morning
19. Cardboard Tube Space Shuttles | A Little Pinch of Perfect
20. Toilet Paper Roll Bee | Easy Peasy and Fun
21. Paper Roll Animals | Frugal Fun 4 Boys
22. Paper Roll Snowflakes | Woli Creations
23. Paper Roll Hula Girl and Mermaid | Mollymoo Crafts
24. Thankful for Toiler Paper | Craft Proverbs 31 Life
25. Fire Breathing Dragon | One Little Project
26. Toilet Paper Roll Cars | Kiflies Levendula
27. Superhero Bracelets | Rachel Rabbit
28. Paper Roll Stacking Towers | Color Made Happy
29. Paper Roll Shape Stamps | Mama Papa Bubba
30. Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies | Twig and Toadstool
31. Rainbow Binoculars | Crafty Morning
32. Japanese Flying Carp | Squirrelly Minds
33. Toilet Paper Roll Watches | Red Ted Art
34. Marble Run | Go Science Girls
35. Marble Run | Oh Dee Oh
36. Elsa from Frozen | Hello Wonderful
Additional Materials Needed:
Most of these creative ideas only require a few craft supplies. Here’s to hoping you have a few on this list.
- Acrylic paints or Tempera paints
- Paint brushes
- Googly eyes
- Tissue paper in varied colors
- Pom Poms in different sizes
- Construction paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- String lights
- Hole puncher
- Bottle caps
- Bird seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Felt in varying colors and glittered
What will you make out of toilet paper rolls?