Happy New Year friends!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break. We are almost back to the regular routine of life with kids back in school tomorrow. We have hopes for the new year, specifically in making better choices when it comes to food. Choices as simple as eating less, or even eating out less. It’s a challenge, but we think meal prepping can be a big help, especially when it comes to quick lunches. We’ve shared a few meal prepping ideas here, along with this Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti meal prep idea, but today it’s all about Teriyaki Chicken with cauliflower rice. We love the technique of turning cauliflower into rice, and we love that it’s a great low carb alternative!
We made a quick video so you can see this recipe in action.
Our four ingredient chicken marinade has been so popular, and it’s always one of our go to recipes, so we thought we’d try it out in a meal prep recipe sort of way. If you love grilled chicken, YOU MUST try this marinade! It’s so good! It’s basically like a homemade teriyaki sauce…just four ingredients and so flavorful.
When making this marinade, remember to reserve about 1/4 of it for a final sauce. It’s so good on all the veggies too.
I’m loving these glass containers with the click on plastic lids. Glass is great in the microwave for a quick reheat, plus it cleans up great in the dishwasher. These are the containers that we love for meal prepping.
Meal prepping is great when you know you have a busy week ahead. It’s just nice knowing it’s just ready waiting for you when you need it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced fine
- CHICKEN MARINADE
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Reserve ¼ of the marinade for a sauce. Pour the rest of the marinade over the chicken and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile in a food processor, puree the cauliflower to make cauliflower rice.
- Steam the cauliflower rice, the broccoli and the carrots (all separately).
- Sautee the chicken. To prevent burning, keep the marinade sauce to a minimum in the hot pan and add a little water and cover with a lid to allow the chicken to steam as it sautés.
- Set cooked chicken aside to rest. When cool enough to handle, slice the chicken.
- Now you are ready to assemble. In smaller containers with lids add some steamed cauliflower rice, broccoli, carrots and slices of chicken to each container. Pour a little of the warm marinade sauce over the chicken of each one. If desired sprinkle a little diced green onion to garnish each one. Enjoy each container throughout the week as a healthy lunch.
I’d love to know…have you tried meal prepping before? I’d love to hear any healthy-ish recipes you think would be great meal prepping options!