Easy three ingredient Oreo Truffles.
One of our favorite easy treats are these Oreo Truffles. Some call them Oreo balls…or Oreo truffles. We love to keep them in the freezer for a cold treat when it’s hot outside. They are always a hit at parties, and we love how easy they are to make. A good treat to make with kids too.
With so many different kinds of Oreo flavors these days, you really can get creative with these! We’ve made them into hearts with red velvet flavored Oreos for Valentine’s Day. I will always love the classic flavors of these, you can’t beat the original flavored Oreos made into these delicious Truffles.
Oreo Truffle Ingredients:
- Oreos: we are using the classic flavors here, but you can experiment with any of the different Oreo flavors
- Cream Cheese: let your cream cheese come to room temp, also for the best flavor, don’t use a low fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- Candy Melts or chocolate chips: we love the Wilton Candy melts in Bright White, or Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips.
Kitchen Tools to help make these:
- food processor (preferred)
- blender (for crushing the Oreos)
- Rolling pin and a Gallon Sized plastic bag (for crushing the Oreos finely
- Mixing Bowl and wooden spoon (for combining the crushed Oreos with the cream cheese
How to make Oreo Truffles:
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Crush the Oreos: you can do this in so many different ways, we prefer the food processor, but you can try the blender or a rolling pin and a gallon sized plastic bag
- Mix the cream cheese with the crushed Oreos: we love our food processor for making these. It’s great for crushing the Oreos and for combining the cream cheese. A hand mixer or stand mixer can do this well too.
- Scoop into balls: An ice cream scoop (about one tablespoon in size) is great for this. Once measured out, use your hand to roll them into balls.
- Chill the Mixture: the mixture needs to chill for 15 minutes to help keep them together while dipping in the melted chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate or candy melts: One minute intervals to melt in the microwave is best to avoid over heating the chocolate.
- Dip each Truffle: dip each one into the chocolate or candy melts. It’s helpful to only have a few truffles out of the freezer at a time as you work. This way they have more time to chill before dipping.
- Set and Decorate: Place each one back onto the lined sheet pan. Before the chocolate or candy melts set, decorate with crushed Oreos or a drizzle of chocolate.
Store / Freeze:
Oreo Truffles can sit out up to 2 hours while serving, otherwise, it’s best to keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator to store.
You can also freeze them for up to two months. Store them in the freezer rather than the fridge for a cold treat on a hot day.
There are so many ways to get creative with Oreo Truffles.
-use different colored candy melts: Say you are hosting a baby shower, make them pink and blue!
-Shape them in different ways: we used a heart shaped cookie cutter and made heart shaped truffles
-try using different flavors of Oreos. Just don’t use double stuffed or Oreo thins
-Decorate: crushed oreos, drizzle of melted chocolate or sprinkles are all fun ways to finish them off. We made some into mummies for Halloween (see photos below).
Just three ingredients needed to make these delicious Oreo Truffles. Bet you can't eat just one!
- 36 Oreos (1 regular 14.3oz. package) reserve 2 Oreos for crushed topping
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese softened
- 1 12oz. bag Bright White Wilton Candy melts and or Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Place Oreos in a food processor (reserve 2 cookies for the crushed topping) Add the entire cookie, do not remove the cream filling. Pulse the cookies until all are crushed finely.
Add the cream cheese and pulse in bursts until the mixture is well combined.
Scoop the mixture out with an ice cream scoop for easy scooping…about one tablespoon size scoops. Form the scoops into 1 inch balls on the lined sheet pan (or cookie sheet).
Place the sheet pan with the truffles into the freezer for 15 minutes.
In a sandwich sized plastic bag crush the remaining 2 Oreos.
In a glass bowl using the microwave, melt the candy melts at 1 minute intervals at a time until melted.
Remove truffles from freezer and dip into the melted chocolate or white chocolate. Use a spoon to cover them on all sides with the chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall back into the bowl.
Return the dipped truffles to the sheet pan, immediately top with the crushed Oreos to finish them off. You can also drizzle chocolate over the top for a decorative look. Allow the chocolate to set.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze if desired.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Have you ever made Oreo Truffles?