Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner? Where does the time go? If you’re looking for an easy sweet treat to make with the kids for someone special, these no bake oreo truffles are so simple to make, and so good! Only three ingredients, plus they’re made with the “new” red velvet oreos, and we love them!
Here’s a peek inside. They’re so soft and creamy!
You can easily make these with regular oreos, but it’s fun to try the new Red Velvet Oreos for Valentine’s Day.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Package of Red Velvet Oreos (or regular Oreos...the red velvet package is smaller than regular Oreos)
- ⅔ package of Cream Cheese (Room temp)
- ½ package of White Chocolate Vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- Makes approximately 18-20 small sized heart truffles.
- Total Prep Time: 10-15 mins.
- Chilling time: 15 mins
- Total time: 30-40 mins
- Put all the Oreos into a blender and crush into crumbs. Add the Oreo crumbs into a mixing bowl and combine with room temp cream cheese until a dough forms. Place dough onto a silicone mat or parchment paper and flatten to about ½ inch. Using a small heart shaped cookie cutter, cut the "dough" out into heart shapes with the cookie cutter. - Reform the dough and cut out more hearts until all the dough is used up. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, You should be able to get 18-20 small-medium sized heart truffles from your dough. Place heart shaped Oreo truffles onto a lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge/freezer for 10 minutes to chill. (Chilling helps the almond bark to set quicker when you coat them).
- While the truffles are chilling in the fridge/freezer melt the vanilla almond bark as directed on the packaging. Take the truffles out of the fridge/freezer, and one by one dip the truffles into the almond bark. Cover the truffles entirely with almond bark and lift out using 2 forks and then place on a lined cookie sheet to cool and set.
- Once the almond bark is set, melt a little more and add desired food color for the writing on top. Using a ziploc bag, piping bag or a plastic bottle with an open tip (we used a small squeeze bottle) put the colored melted chocolate inside and then write your message or pattern on the top.
- Keep the truffles chilled in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
That’s it! Only three ingredients: Oreos, cream cheese and almond bark!
You’ll have to try them! They’re fun to make with the kids too.
Happy ‘almost’ Valentine’s Day!
*Recipe and treats made by NoBiggie Contributor: Marie Kimber
*Photos and styling by Kami Bigler