We’re making Marmalade Muffins to celebrate Paddington 2 in theaters January 12 (this week)! This post is in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures.
Did you know that the first Paddington was one of the most successful family films of all time?! It was SO cute, and we can’t wait to see Paddington 2! In the new film, we find Paddington searching for the perfect present for his beloved Aunt Lucy’s hundredth birthday. He sees a unique pop-up book in an antique shop, and embarks upon a series of odd jobs to buy it. But when the book is stolen, it’s up to Paddington and the Browns to unmask the thief.
They sent over a cute plush Paddington Bear to help us make muffins, but not just any muffins…Marmalade Muffins.
I love how they all say “Mah-malade” (marmalade) in the movie. We just had to make Marmalade Muffins for Paddington. Hot out of the oven we brushed a marmalade glaze on the top of each muffin, definitely Paddington approved.
We packaged a few of the muffins to give to one of our favorite teachers, because there’s “muffin” like a good teacher!
You can print the recipe here:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- FOR THE GLAZE
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cup liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, sour cream, sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract and oil. You can use a hand mixer, or mix by hand with a whisk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the batter equally into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine marmalade and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 15 seconds, if you hear it bubble in the microwave before 15 seconds, it's ready. Stir well to make the glaze.
- Brush the warm muffins with the marmalade glaze and serve.
The trailer looks so good…You can watch the trailer for Paddington 2 here:
Tickets for Paddington 2 are now available…you can get them for the whole family today: paddington2tickets.com
*This post is in partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures, all opinions shared are my own.