Make festive snowflakes for your Creamy Hot Chocolate with cool whip!
Have you ever made homemade marshmallows? I have once and it was pretty messy. Sometimes, it’s hard to justify the time and mess of homemade marshmallows when it’s only .99 cents to buy a bag of marshmallows at the store. I will say, that one of the best things about homemade marshmallows, is that you can use cookie cutters to cut out cute shapes. Here’s a shortcut…cool whip! When you freeze cool whip on a cookie sheet, you can cut it out with cookie cutters. It’s like the look of homemade marshmallows without the time (and mess) of actually making marshmallows. It’s so great! This trick will wow your kids, and the best part is that the frozen cool whip will help cool down the hot chocolate. This time of year things like warm creamy hot chocolate with cool whip snowflakes sure can help you embrace the cold months ahead.
What you’ll need to make Cool Whip Snowflakes:
- Cool Whip or homemade Whipped Cream
How to store Cool Whip Snowflakes:
To store these adorable hot chocolate toppers, just keep the cookie tray covered with a lid in the freezer, and just cut out new shapes as needed.
Here’s how to do it:
- Just spread some cool whip on a small quarter sized pan lined with tin foil and freeze for an hour or so.
- Take your little cookie cutters and press down all the way and pull up. I used the smallest snowflake from this adorable set of snowflake cookie cutters. It’s the look of homemade marshmallows without the time and mess that comes with. Isn’t that great?!
Not a Cool Whip Fan?! Test this method out with heavy whipped cream! Make sweetened whipped cream and freeze it out onto the sheet pan as directed. Use cookie cutters to cut out cute holiday shapes.
Serve with Hot Chocolate:
These Cool Whip Snowflakes make the perfect hot chocolate toppers! Serve them for guests with our delicious Creamy Crock Pot Hot Chocolate.
MORE Hot Chocolate recipes we LOVE:
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Cool Whip Snowflakes (Hot Chocolate Toppers) -you are here
- Scoopable Creamy Hot Chocolate in a Jar with free gift tag (makes a great gift!)
That’s it! You’ll have to try out these Cool Whip Snowflake hot chocolate toppers and let me know what you think in the comments below.