Five kid crafts for Fall.
There are plenty of gorgeous DIY decor ideas out there, and with a little tweaking, many of them can be adapted to become kid friendly. So, with that in mind, I’ve put together five fall-themed DIY decor projects that will be lots of fun for you and your kids, and the results are pretty cute, too. Be sure to click on the links below for the full DIY tutorial.
1. Acorn Owls | Curly Birds: These little critters will soon be your children’s favorite ‘pets’. These sweet little acorn owls are certainly a different way to use the hundreds of acorns that are falling from the trees this time of year. They look charming in a little group gathered on a bookshelf or a mantelpiece, but you’ll find your kids will want to take them down and play with them, so expect to find them all over the place.
2. DIY pinecone garland | Twig and Thistle: Kathleen of Twig & Thistle created this easy yet elegant way to bring the outdoors inside this harvest season. This DIY pinecone garland may not be as immediately appealing to your kids, but is a gorgeous, classy addition to your fall-themed decor, and really is fun for them to help you put together. Get them gathering pine cones on long nature walks, and then perhaps jazzing them up with a little gold or silver paint or glitter (though they really do look beautiful au-natural). If you happen to live in an area where pinecones aren’t part of the natural landscape, you can easily purchase them at any craft store. Some even come with scents that will add an extra sense of warmth and welcome to your home, such as cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Hand Print Turkey Glitter Globes | I Love To Create: Pattie from I Love to Create designed this fun and festive twist on the traditional handprint turkey, a craft that is always particularly appealing to younger members of the family. Your friends and family will love your glitzy gobbler, and might even prefer him to the real thing come Thanksgiving.
4. Salt Dough Leaf Prints | The Artist Woman: Gail from That Artist Woman created the perfect way to combine the fun (and mess) of baking with home décor using salt dough and artificial leaves to create lovely fall-themed prints that can be used as coasters or decorative hanging tiles. Your kids will love giving these as gifts to grandma and grandpa.
5. Handprint Turkey tablecloth craft | Becky of the Crafting Chicks:
Becky from The Crafting Chicks not only created a fun project for the kids, but also a great keepsake for us parents to keep and remember throughout the years. You can recreate this tablecloth that is Thanksgiving themed, or you can try leaf or fruit printing for a more general fall look. Again, a little messy, but great fun for the kids and a fantastic talking point around the dinner table.
Do you love to celebrate the season and craft with your little ones this time of year?
Leave a Comment