10 Last Minute St. Patty’s Day ideas.
Top O the mornin’ friends! As a blogger I have to always be thinking holiday ideas way before the actual holiday, that by the time the holiday rolls around, I’m so over it, and my poor kids are a little confused…”Didn’t we already celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year?!” …you get the idea. And then I hop on Instagram and see all the cute ideas my mom friends are sharing the night before the big day, and mom guilt sets in and then those feelings of being the fun mom when I was a new mom all come back to me.
Thankfully I have a little stash of gold coins and green jelly beans. Late last night I had a little crafty inspiration for St. Patrick’s Day. I was cracking up with excitement with the thought of my two waking up to find that the leprechaun gave us a visit. Yesterday Aiden told me how the little leprechaun is going to cover him with kisses. I loved this idea. He’s at such a fun age right now for stuff like this. So in honor of the last-minute-fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants parents, I’ve gathered 10 of my favorite St. Patrick’s day ideas that can be pulled off today with no problem. Procrastinators unite!
1. DIY Leprechaun kisses: Okay, I was laughing last night when I made this simple craft. Using a razor blade just shaved off tiny pieces of the end of an easer of a pencil to make a stamp that looks like teeny tiny lips. Just google “kiss mark” for ideas on how to make it look. It’s not perfect, but they sure are cute.
Using face paint, I stamped a few on the cheeks of my two, and I’m so excited for them to find it. Teeny-tiny leprechaun kisses.
2. Green Velvet cake: Just like red velvet but green. My mom made this for all of us last year, and we all loved it!
5. Rainbow Jello – only three flavors needed to make a rainbow. It’s an optical illusion.
6. Free printable tags to go with the worlds easiest treat – muddy buddies.
7. Make your own shamrock shake – so easy and cheaper too.
8. Leprechaun Trap – this would be good for little ones not in school yet.
9. St. Patrick’s Day badge – spell it out and make it your own with this cute craft.
10. St. Patty’s Day candy bar – if you’re hosting a party tonight, create a party focal point with this cute gathering of candy and treats.
Okay…truth…what are you doing to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?