Have you ever tried roasted cabbage? I think it’s my new favorite vegetable to roast. It’s something you wouldn’t think would roast very well, but it’s quite the opposite.
I cut my slices a little too thin, they really shrink down to nothing in the oven. But I actually loved those crispy edges the best. I made this on an afternoon when I was the only one at home. I was hoping to save it for dinner later that night, but I ended up eating it all. Whaaa?! I know…it was that good. So I had to make it again. 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- one head of green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- season salt (like lowrys - or bon appetite)
- cooked bacon crumbles and shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage into thick one inch + round slices.
- Cover your baking pan with tin foil for easy cleanup.
- Rub olive oil on both sides of the cabbage slices and sprinkle with a good dose of salt, pepper and seasonings.
- Roast for 45 minutes until the edges are crispy.
- Top with bacon and parmesan cheese while still warm.
Have you ever roasted cabbage? What’s your favorite vegetable to roast?