When it comes to burgers, the flavor combinations are endless! My sweet friend shared this recipe with me, and it’s a home run. The mango and the mint along with the glaze on top of these grilled mango mint turkey burgers will make your mouth so happy.
Do you do burgers a lot in the summer? I love using ground turkey for burgers when I can, and they work great with this recipe. Here’s a peek at the ingredients before you make the patties.
Once you have the patties all ready to go, you’re ready to grill.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1.25 lb package of ground turkey
- ½ large ripe mango chopped into small pieces
- mint, diced small
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 TBS BBQ/steak seasoning
- 1 TBS Mrs Dash original seasoning
- BBQ sauce (your favorite kind)
- Teriyaki sauce (we love Yoshida)
- For the glaze just eye ball it and use equal measurements.
- Mix all burger ingredients together and form the patties. A 1.25 lb package of ground turkey can make 5 large burgers. Depending on how lean the meat is, these will usually not shrink too much. I made the patties by hand because sometimes the meat is a little too wet to use a burger press, but they grill and flip fine.
- Mix both sauces together and paint the mixture over the burgers as they're grilled. Grill one side, flip and add glaze, and when they're ready, flip and glaze the other side.
These taste great on their own on a bun, but you can add tomatoes, avocado, grilled pineapple… Whatever you think might taste great with these yummy and healthy burgers. You can also try them without the bun and just wrap in lettuce!